Classifieds Super License dsmithwc04's Avatar
    Liked: 178

Default Crew needed in Indiana for Formula Enterprise

I'm going to be a new driver in Formula Enterprise but but I am unfortunately finding it hard to get motivated and consistent help from friends. Familiar story to most I'm sure: at first many people were excited to help out but when the time came to actually help their schedules mysteriously filled up .

I will be traveling to the track in an RV and will have the fridge stocked so lodging, travel and food is provided. I'm not expecting professional abilities but I am looking for a couple of guys willing and able to learn this sport alongside me. I have a decent shop that is climate controlled to work in and plenty of light and a fridge that is stocked with your favorite beverage and burgers readily available to be grilled

I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

2. The following members LIKED this post:

I've had a few inquiries and a couple of them appear to be legit so far. Pleasantly surprised at how quickly folks jumped at the opportunity to help me out this year and a big thank you to Apex for making this possible. I will know more after this weekend and will update this thread as I go forward. Don't be afraid to contact me if your available as we may still have another spot available in the RV for an additional crew member.

Liked: 3

I think i have a problem because i don't know what fundamentalism means.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hill View Post
    I think i have a problem because i don't know what fundamentalism means.
    Here's my view on it.

Definition of fundamentalism: strict adherence to the basic principles of any subject or discipline even with overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

I find fundamentalism on any level or topic to keep positive progress from occurring.

Racing, politics, religion.... I find fundamentalism most appalling in regards to people who apply it to strictly purchasing extremely thin toilet paper when all the evidence supports the fact that thicker is much better for cleaning up after #2

Okay, looks like I'm down to one crew member at the moment and they may not be able to make the first race of the season due to a previous commitment.

Here is the schedule I will be running. All four dates are double weekends.

Gingerman May 14-17 May 15 is a full test day
    Ghrattan June 26-28 Not sure if there will be a test day before races? CHANGED TO BLACKHAWK JUNE 26-28
    Mid Ohio July 17-19 Not sure if there will be a test day before races?
    Mid Ohio Aug 7-9 Not sure if there will be a test day before races?

The national race at Daytona is the last week of September.

I have a 2000 Coachman Mirada 31' RV and will be bringing plenty of food and drinks for me and the crew. There are also 2 TV's and Bluray players and HD TV available and the AC system works! The RV sleeps 3 comfortably but may be able to get 4 if I can find a bigger fold out sofa.

Again, I am looking for committed crew members. This doesn't mean you have to be a master mechanic or engineer. Just be willing to learn, be passionate about racing and have a good time. We will have a blast this year !!!

You can email me at dsmithwc04@yahoo.com or call 317 four nine six 4893 (numbers spelled out to prevent spam)

EDIT: For any engineer types, we will be running a CDS Copilot 2+ system and logging Front brake pres, Rear brake pres, Oil pres, Oil temp, Water Temp, Throttle, Steering wheel angle, Long G forces, Lat G forces, RPM as well as Lambda. We will also be using the GPS with predictive lap timing. If your interested in getting familiar with data systems here is a great opportunity!
    Last edited by dsmithwc04; 05.26.15 at 1:00 PM.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3

you didnt tell me that, okay i'm in for May 15 at Ginger

Could still use some help if anybody has availability. Send me an email if interested, thanks!

James, you still coming to Gingerman?

Liked: 11

I am looking to learn more about the cars and working on them. I am local, but I work a rotating schedule and don't get that many weekends off. I don't have my schedule in front of me but if you need a hand from time to time I would be interested in learning. I am looking to get my first FV soon. I currently tinker around on my corvette but nothing major.

Liked: 11

Printing out what you listed for Mid-Ohio. I was disappointed when IMSA cut it out along with Indy this year. Are you going to the Vintage races here at Indy in June?

Grattan will now be Black Hawk and on the same weekend.

I will PM you my number and you can call me to set up a time to meet up at my shop if you'd like.

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information