Liked: 177

Default Gingerman MAY 16-17 ANYONE?

Is anybody going to the Gingerman race May 16-17? I'd like to go if enough FE's show up for points to count.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Liked: 447

I'd like to run Gingerman because the new addition of the track has made it a bit more fun to drive, but our schedule is set for the One Formula series.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Unfortunately, I won't be running the FE Series. 3 of the first 4 races are majors and I have a novice license. I was excited to run it but with no way to run half the weekends it puts me out of contention for any prize money as well as making it near impossible to make the runoffs. Perhaps in the great lakes region I may have a chance if enough FE cars run.

Just checked Gingermans schedule and there is a Friday test day as well.

Looks like I might be stuck running only a couple races this year. Central Division has an ungodly amount of major races and great lakes doesn't seam to have a whole lot of FE's participating. My novice license is killing me.

Liked: 29

it is nice to have others to race/compare yourself with, but to meet the requirements of the novice license, you only have to be there and do the races, no one else needs to be in your class. get them out of the way, do the test days at tracks you have not been at before and join in with the majors if no one is doing regionals around you. so far this year it looks like they are trying to enforce the 115% rule using the lap records for each class as a cutoff point for who can race. with multi-class groupings, all the fast guys are looking out for slower cars anyway, do not let that hold you back from joining in and helping to bring up the participation numbers.... the more of us on the track, the better it looks to others who are on the fence about getting into a car that no one else is out there racing.

Appreciate the message.

I can understand the reasoning behind the novice rules believe me, but I'm quite confident I know how to stay out of trouble on the track and be aware of my surroundings and that is the reason for the rule. I've actually been in a couple wheel to wheel races before in a stock car series that raced at ORP and Baerfield a couple years ago. Near half mile circle tracks with 15-20 cars on the track and managed to not piss off a single competitor..

Okay, just got off the phone with Dan Hodges with the Great Lakes. Looks like points scored count towards the Runoffs even if I'm the only car at the track. I wish I could be driving with some of the other FE guys in the series but that isn't possible. However, looks like I have a good shot at making the Runoffs now....

If any other FE guys in the Great Lakes want to run with me I will be at Gingerman, Ghrattan and Mid Ohio races.

Had a blast my first time out in the FE this weekend at Gingerman! Setup was terrible, tires were several seasons old and had an issue with high oil temp, but man was that a great time.

Good news is I finished 1st in both races! I was also the only FE out there, lol. Looks like the other FE had gearbox issues from what I heard which is unfortunate.

Liked: 10

Congratulation on a good outing, the June event at BFR is a regional also are you planning on that race?
    Mat

Quote Originally Posted by MAC Racing View Post
    Congratulation on a good outing, the June event at BFR is a regional also are you planning on that race?
    Mat
    I was planning on running the Gratton race at the end of June.

I can guarantee you'll be running by yourself or close to it if you do Grattan instead of Blackhawk. There will most likely be at least 10 FEs at the Blackhawk race if you're interested in running with a bunch of cars. Come on out!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    I can guarantee you'll be running by yourself or close to it if you do Grattan instead of Blackhawk. There will most likely be at least 10 FEs at the Blackhawk race if you're interested in running with a bunch of cars. Come on out!
    Well, I might just do that since it is over the same weekend the Gratton race is on and wouldn't interfere with my schedule.

Liked: 10

I would also say Blackhawk will have a better turn. Hopefully 10+ cars, should be a good event.

Mat

Okay, looks like I will be attending the Black Hawk event with you guys.

Anybody have a good setup for BHF and perhaps a CDS data TrackMaster file I can look at? I raced the car for the first time last weekend and used tires that came with the car and were pretty well used up. This weekend I will have Steve bring some new tires for me to use so I'm looking forward to a completely different experience with the car by hopefully having a usable setup and fresh tires.

So $445 for 2 races and 2 qualifiers with no practice. That's kinda steep for a couple regional races. Oh well, will be registering this week for the races as well as the open test day on Friday.

If you look at it as a little over $200 a race, it's pretty cheap!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

If you look at it as a little over $200 a race, it's pretty cheap!
    Yeah, I speaking realitive to Gingerman which was $100 less and had practice time included. It's not too much for what it is but is still quite a bit more per actual seat time. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of you guys there!

19. The following members LIKED this post:

As far as setup goes, I don't believe we change anything between Gingerman and Blackhawk. You may be able to get away with a little less ride height, but you should be close enough where the car feels fine. Adjusting to grip levels of new tires and learning the track is going to have you plenty to deal with already!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

As far as setup goes, I don't believe we change anything between Gingerman and Blackhawk. You may be able to get away with a little less ride height, but you should be close enough where the car feels fine. Adjusting to grip levels of new tires and learning the track is going to have you plenty to deal with already!
    Thanks Keith, only problem is I didn't really have a setup on the car for Gingerman so I'm starting from scratch.

Thread Information