Liked: 0

CORRECTED POINTS: I mistakenly credited Marc Blanc with the 1 point for Saturday's pole position at Blackhawk Farms. It should have been given to John Haydon, Jr. Sorry.

Through Rounds #3 and #4 July 10-11 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, here are the 2004 FF/CFF East vs West Challenge driver and team points:

CLUB FORMULA FORD

35 Dave Harmison, Royale RP-21, E
    31 Marc Blanc, Crossle 35F, W
    29 John Haydon Jr, Tiga FFA-80, W
    28 Steve Beeler, Lola T-540, E
    21 Brian Duncan, Tiga FFA-78, E
    14 Wes Allen, Merlyn Mk25, E
    14 Bill Ehrlinger, Van Diemen RF80, W
    8 Tom Tipsword, Van Diemen RF81, E
    6 Chris Slinden, Royale RP-24, W
    5 Ron Tebo, Van Diemen RF-78, E
    5 Paul Quiniff, Lola T-540, W
    4 Michael Neylon, Lola T-440, E
    2 Todd Rhoades, Crossle 45F, W

FORMULA FORD

45 Jim Nash, Van Diemen RF98, W
    44 Gary Godula, Reynard 88F, E
    14 Jim Dietz, Van Diemen RF97, E
    13 Dan Binks, Van Diemen RF92, E
    13 Anders Graff, Van Diemen RF97, W
    13 Mark Kolell, Van Diemen RF85, W
    10 Dan Faust, Van Diemen RF93, E
    10 Pat McCammon, Reynard 83F, E
    9 John Vlasis, Piper DF-2, W
    8 Alex Murray, Swift DB-1, W
    7 Tony Foster, Swift DB-1, W
    5 Dan Denison, Van Diemen RF98, E
    5 Paul Reineck, Van Diemen RF86, W
    4 John Luxon, Piper DF-2, W
    0 Timothy Wise, Swift DB-6, W
    0 Loren Tieman, Reynard 83F, W
    0 Allen Wheatcroft, Van Diemen RF98, W
    0 Mark Blythe, Reynard 82F, E
    0 Steve Olson, Euroswift SE-1, E

TEAM

East 211
    West 191

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

[size="1"][ July 16, 2004, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Steve B ][/size]

Liked: 3

Originally posted by Steve B:

28 Steve Beeler, Lola T-540, E
    28 John Haydon Jr, Tiga FFA-80, W
    Uh-oh. I have this odd feeling I won't be invited to use your canopy again at RA...

Liked: 42

What a great weekend of FF racing it was.

Some firsts to note:

First time the East team is leading in points, (except for at the end of last year, but I'm willing to forget about that).

First time Dave Harmison has lead the CFF points. Congrats.

First CFF point of the weekend earned by John Hayden in his good looking Tiga, good job on getting the pole and that point!

First time I met Brian Duncan, what a nice guy, too nice to go as fast as he does.

Also noticed some new things at this EWC race. There were lots of FF people around to watch, some were drivers that didn't have their cars ready at the moment, (some even past EWC contenders) others were drivers that are doing/driving other things now, and there were some sponsors that were there to see how things turned out. We of course had the race of the day to watch.

I also observed some past EWC drivers that weren't participating this weekend helping guys pack up to go home after the race. Given the heat and humidity I'm sure that was appreciated.

The Sat Nite EWC meeting was great, Door prize drawings and we all enjoyed watching "the video".
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Liked: 0

Glad someone else feels the same way I do about this past EWC event. Being that it was my first one, I didn't know what to expect. Well - I wouldn't have guess right anyway - the FF guys and girls were incredibly open and willing to do damn near anything needed. On Sunday, I tried to get as many people over to my tent for lunch - a good group came, but I understand that not everyone likes to socialize before the race or for that matter even eat. At the RA EWC event - I will again be supplying lunch for all that care to come by. Any suggestions are appreciated - I try to have "light" foods - fruit, water, etc. and then "regular" food for those not driving or with big appetites. So please, give me some input here. I think it's great that Steve works so hard to make the EWC a ton of fun so I want to do my part. And saving you guys and girls lunch money - well, just buy something cool for your spouse, kids, etc.!!!

Last thing, I didn't get to see the video - I had to get back to shop to make up some new parts - I was the "other party" in the video. Gary was very gracious and professional after the race and I think we know each other a little better now. Also, he promised me a copy of the video - so Gary if you are reading this - I am just DYING to see that video. I will digitize it for anyone that wants an electronic version - add some cool music "Cake - The Distance" would fit perfect, ain'a hey?

We all have like 4 weeks to get ready for RA. Anyone that needs anything - parts, car, etc. towed, taken to the track - let me know. Also, I will be going home Sat nite for my beauty rest - my wife and kids will be up in Eagle River so I have some extra beds, couches, floors to offer out to those that don't have a place to stay and want all the comforts of home. Email me asap if you want a room at the "Mukwonago El Cheapo motel" Breakfast you ask? of course - chorizo and eggs - guaranteed to wake up your sleepy ass!

Later,

Loren
    No time, no talent, plenty of sleep....

Thread Information