Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Hi gang,

Most people know about my 110 mph meeeting with the tire wall at WG during qualifying, .. ..

I'm looking for anyone who might have photos or video, ..

Thanks,

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Liked: 23

Well...I don't have photos but I was just behind Doug Hobby when it happened. You had just passed me after the inner loop and Hobby was just in front of me. I remember wondering why you were going left when Hobby was pointing right and drifting left. But you were already beside him by then so I assume that his point-by was too late.

Your crash was not pretty. The scariest thing was your left rear tearing away and getting flung towards your roll bar. I think it actually hit your car. Too bad Hobby didn't see you and move right so that you could get back on the track.

You came down pretty hard after clipping Hobby's left front and getting airborne. I was busy dodging junk on the track and didn't really see how hard you hit the tires.

I came by your trailer a couple of times looking for you but never got a chance to see how you were doing. Hope it's not too painful and that you'll be able to get back on the track soon...

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yea, .. I think we both mis-judged the closing speed, .. I was commited when I saw the point-by.
    but it was my fault, .. shoulda backed out but I thought Hobby was going to stay on line and move right.

My back hurts but the fracture is very small and there's no disc damage so I should be OK. The people from HANS are helping find a doctor in my area.

I should be back in a few months.

Other discussion, http://www.apexspeed.com/ubb/ultimat...073;p=1#000008

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development

I looked at the car, it's not all that bad.

But I had parts all over the track, . and would love to have photos, .. as sick as that may be.

Anyone know who the photographers where working that week end?

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development

Contributing Member triumph_tech's Avatar
    Liked: 8

In the past Daniel Mainzer Photography has done a lot the track photo work at the Glen, I'm not sure if he normally covers the event you are talking about. It also depends where on the track you had the crash and where he usually sets up. His email is dmainzer1@aol.com, phone 330-923-5522. It's worth an email to see if he was there, or knows who was. He has done nice work at the Vintage Grand Prix weekend. Give him a call.
    I am a little familiar with WG, I took my Skippy School there, where on the track did you encounter the tire wall?
    Gary Valone #44
    Zink Z10-C

I Hit the tire wall on the downhill left entering the boot, ..

curtis
    Racing Flow Development

Liked: 79

Curtis:

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you are mending quickly, and not too uncomfortably.

Bob Coury

Contributing Member Jerry Santucci 33's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Hey Curtis...
    hope you and the car are back in no time....
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya --- Jer
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Liked: 5

Curtis, I have pictures of it sitting outside the pits if you want them. I didn't have my camera with when I was running thru the woods to the scene!

Scott,

That would be great, .. I don't have any photos, .. and as sad as it may be, .. I'd like to have them.

Update, .. My back is feeling better, .. I've looked at the car, .. not that bad so far, .. seems to be bolt on stuff, and a little bodywork. It'll get stripped to the frame next week for a full check up.

Thanks,

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development

Liked: 5

I'll work on getting the pictures posted or emailed to you in the next few days. It's all new to me with the digital camera. I'm glad your feeling ok.

Thread Information