Liked: 0

Here are the last words on what you need to know for this weekend's EWC races at Blackhawk Farms:

(1) The reserved paddock area will be along the south side of the paved access road after crossing over the track at Turn 5. That would be on your left at you enter the paddock.

(2) I'll have EWC driver info packets for everyone who was not at Grattan. Please stop by to say hello and pick one up.

(3) If you need any contingency award decals, I'll have them at my trailer.

(4) The Saturday evening prize drawing will be at my trailer 30 minutes after the last checker of the day. You must be present to win.

(5) Because of the large field, please double check at registration that your entry form has your transponder number.

(6) There is quite a bit on construction on I-80/I-94 at the Indiana/Illinois border. For that reason, I going through Chicago via the Skyway.

See everyone Friday evening at the track.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

Liked: 3

Steve, will you also have the "TRO Manufacturing Area 5 Championship" decals that the supps require for all entries -- or do you know where we can get them? Registration maybe?

(By the way... the crossover is actually at corner 6.)

See you Friday!

Liked: 9

John,

Just ask for the decals at Tech. That's where I got mine.

Brad
    Currently Without Car

I just got an e-mail from Tim Wise who reports that there is construction on the Skyway as well. Any other ideas on how best to traverse Chicago this weekend?

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

Liked: 42

Easy way to avoid lots of Chicago traffic: Just take 80 West, all the way to 39, then hang a right, going straight north all the way to Rockford IL.

You won't avoid all of the mess, but you'll miss most of it. It's a little bit out of the way, but big fast straight 4 lanes, and you get to see lots of corn.

See you there, Steve you coming for the test day?

Marc
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Marc:

Good suggestion...but it does not avoid the I-80/I-94 construction at the Indiana/Illinois state line when traveling from Michigan via I-94.

I'll be at the track Friday afternoon but am not planning on doing the test day.

Steve

Liked: 23

Originally posted by Steve B:

I'll be at the track Friday afternoon but am not planning on doing the test day.

If one is not doing the test day, do you have to wait until after Registration opens to drop the trailer in the paddock (and likely finish up the car worklist...)

Tim
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Tim:

They have let me in the past to set up in the paddock without testing.

Everyone:

The Indiana Department of Transportation has real-time pictures of traffic through the I-80/I-94 (aka Frank Borman Expressway) construction at the following URL:

http://www.state.in.us/dot/div/specialprojects/borman/

Steve

Thread Information