Thread: WTB old belts

Liked: 3787

Default WTB old belts

I am in need of two sets of out of date belts. Two criteria: ( I am picky... and cheap )
    1. They need to be red.
    2. They need to be inexpensive (i'll gladly pay shipping if it's not express )

Liked: 15

Default belts

I have a set of belts out of my SRF, and they are red
    They, however, are not expired belts.
    However, how cheap are you? I would consider a fair and reasonable offer.

Liked: 286

Too bad.. I have two sets of Willian's in Blue, and one set in Black. Just waiting for someone to ask for them.

I do have a set of Schroth in Red that still have this year left on them. If you don't find anything, keep those in mind.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default I have some

I'll pull out what I have PF and let you know, some are simpson some are Willians if memory serves me.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    1. They need to be red.
    Clearly you misspelled purple.
    Stephen Adams
    RF92 Van Diemen FFord
    1980 Lola T540 FFord

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

I believe I have two red expired sets as well. I'll check tonight. Do you have a preference between cam lock vs latch?

Liked: 605

Default Color Blind huh?

Yo your purpleness...........I've never seen purple Willans......

I'm sitting here in Orlando with a cam set of RED FC VD Willans belts and all them various shaped triangular metal attached end parts still attached that were never slammed hard into some wall or other assorted undesired fixed in place sort of things while a driver was kind of attached by them to some FC [or other machine] ........three inch wide all......other than the two inch wide submarines [plural] .......expiration tags reading "not valid after 2008"

Cheap you say ???

uh..........how does $1.50 a belt sound? ..........like times 6 [even though the lap belt should count as one with the total therefore being 5] = $9.00 [U.S. Currency preferably in Wisconsin Quarters].......I'm driving a hard bargain......[might as well, I'm not driving the FC right now, it's up in area 51].......and YOU pay the non-express shipping.......

which probably brings the total cost to something like 9 million bucks.........

or you can stop by the Office or home the next time you're in the big O and save all that shipping charge

Can't think of a better home to give them to............but if you get them from me you'll need to answer the question of .........."what the heck do you need them for?".......and unless I get a really sensible answer I'll later publish it here.

If it's just to reweb..........you're a genius!.......dye them purple after the fact yourself if I may be so bold as to offer the suggestion.

Or........stop by an ABC liquor store and buy two six-packs of ROEBLING beer and we'll work out a trade........ever heard of ROEBLING beer ????? I was forced to use this wimpy pale ale beer symbol but ROEBLING is a dark beer..... probably made with the old asphalt.......... but it's maybe the best dark beer ever..........and I have no financial interest whatsoever.

In no hurry?.......I'll hang onto them and we'll cross paths at the April Daytona Driver's School...or the May Daytona Regional....or maybe even the July Sebring Driver's School WHICH WILL INCLUDE AN OPEN WHEEL GRID
    Last edited by EYERACE; 03.24.15 at 8:52 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Default Curiosity....

Because the request is for 2 sets of belts, same color I'm guessing that they are for an older street car of off road vehicle. One set for driver one set for passenger. If they were to be re-webbed the color wouldn't matter, I'm- a-thinking.

Eye,

I will be in touch.
    I have signed a non-disclosure agreement about the project to protect many of the innocent people involved.
    Some chance it will be on display at the Daytona runons. But, I'm beginning to believe that is overly optimistic.

Liked: 9

Default Red Expired Belts

I have a set for you .....

Red, Expired

Keith Williams
    816-591-5212
    Keith

my lips are sealed - duct taped - super glued shut

The older I get the more I understand the most intelligent role model I had as a kid was Sargent Schultz from Hogan's Heros........."I know nothing".........we'll keep it that way, don't even give me a clue.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Frog,
    Expired belts for expired drivers? You and Rand going into Rally?

Liked: 956

Quote Originally Posted by EYERACE View Post
    my lips are sealed - duct taped - super glued shut

The older I get the more I understand the most intelligent role model I had as a kid was Sargent Schultz from Hogan's Heros........."I know nothing".........we'll keep it that way, don't even give me a clue.
    Stan,

Have you been drinking Modo's coffee?
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 59

Frog,
    I've probably got two sets of [nearly] identical red Schroth belts that went out of date in the last year. If the crew chief says its OK, I'll send them to you for nothing other than what you've already done for the community.

That will cover your cheapness. Regarding your pickiness, they are HANS specific shoulder belts and I believe both are 2" lap belts. Formula style with wrap around sub straps...

Let me know if that will suit you, and I'll make sure to check tonight or over the weekend.

Best regards,
    Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Oh my!!!

I failed to monitor this thread for a few days...
    This is an embarrassment of riches!!!!
    I never expected such a response. I'm sort blown away.

I've received PMs, and the donations publicly stated on this thread.
    I don't know what to do with 18 sets of belts.
    Some folks that knew me just sent them without commenting online.

And, I certainly don't want to upset anyone. And, I don't want to be a glutten.

So.... Eric, Keith, Jon, Eye, and Joe. Let's do this...
    Let me look at what has already been sent and evaluate if they will work, then I'll get back with you.

I thank each and every one of you guys. Wow. Holy cow.

No more donations for the time being.

Thank you all again!

Modo? no.......but I did discover a new brand of beer.....if you like a full bodied dark beer......it's great.....my favorite used to be Beck's Dark but I found at the local ABC a new to me beer......Roebling beer....an imperial robust porter.......it has nothing to do with Roebling Road Raceway.....brewed by Rivertown brewing company from Lockland Ohio ....apparently near Cinicinnati. I bought it for the name....I'll drink it for the taste.

To Jim Morgan... close...

Rand and I can not go into rally competition as a team. Neither one of us will ride as navigator with the other as a driver.

In fact I'm not sure there is anyone who will sit "second seat" in this creation. Mrs Frog is working on outfitting a manakin to sit on the right so I can use the HOV lane.

20. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member

Safety has never been a concern for me I have often tried to be second seat in others single seat cars

Liked: 444

Quote Originally Posted by jim morgan View Post
    Safety has never been a concern for me I have often tried to be second seat in others single seat cars
    Well...that explains Cole.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Quote Originally Posted by BURKY View Post
    Well...that explains Cole.
    So how do you explain Jim?
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Contributing Member

Frog

Co-Pilot sight unseen you or Rand

Thread Information