Liked: 100

Default 2015 Challenge Cup Revised Schedule

Media Contact: Dermot Ennis

dermotennis@iiproducts.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

February 26, 2015

CHALLENGE CUP REVISED SCHEDULE FOR 2015

HARRISBURG, PA - The Challenge Cup Series is pleased to announce it has revised its schedule for 2015 with the addition of two races which will be part of the Pro Series by Formula Race Promotions.

May 2-3 Mosport
    July 18-19 Shannonville
    July 31-Aug 1 PIRC Beaver Run (Pro)
    Aug 8-9 Pocono
    Aug 29-30 NJMP Thunderbolt course (Pro)
    Year end awards at NJMP

"The addition of these two races is a great opportunity for not only the series, but for drivers to showcase their skills in front of a larger audience. We also feel it may entice younger drivers who might want to use the Challenge Cup as a ladder to eventually run F1600 or F2000 and beyond." says Ray Carmody.
    The board of directors would like to thank Robert Wright and his team at Formula Race Promotions and we look forward to exciting 2015 racing season
    Last edited by derminator; 02.26.15 at 11:14 AM.
    DERM

Just a note to drivers from Canada or central division that may be thinking of running the series. The two Pennsylvania races (Pittsburg and Pocono fall a week apart. I live in south central PA close to Gettysburg and Baltimore and if you wanted to combine a holiday with these two races. You would be more then welcome to use my property (10 acres) to park your rigs, set up your motor home, Pitch a tent and explore the area. I live 4 hours from Pittsburgh and 2 1/2 hours from Pocono, we would loved to have you.
    DERM

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 174

What happen to Mid-Ohio in September? Unless you live in eastern Pennsylvania, western New York or Canada, there's a long haul to the majority of the tracks on the schedule.

Liked: 51

A BIG thank you to everyone that has worked
    to get the Challenge Cup Series
    to where it is , the difficulties working with
    Schedules, tracks and clubs etc are monumental
    Not everyone is going to be happy ,
    I appreitated your efforts so that I can enjoy !!
    Thanks again guys
    Well done

Cheers
    Desmond

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Quote Originally Posted by Amon View Post
    What happen to Mid-Ohio in September? Unless you live in eastern Pennsylvania, western New York or Canada, there's a long haul to the majority of the tracks on the schedule.
    I could be wrong but I believe that the group could not get their own track time & would have to run with other classes at Mid-Ohio so decided on other events.
    Steve Bamford

Steve
    You are correct we tried really hard to get a race this year in Ohio. But unfortunately they could not get us our own track time.
    DERM

Just a quick note. I have heard complaints and discussions on a couple of threads relating to why there are no races at certain tracks or that FV cannot get its own races at certain tracks. This series was formed to address this exact issue, but here's the thing gentleman if drivers from the Central division, New England or Mid Atlantic do not participate and support the series. You may not see the series going to your divisions next year. So its kinda a catch 22 if you want a race in your division, you may want to consider making the effort to come to a race this year. Because as we do our planning for next years races and we see a certain percentage of drivers came from one of those divisions we will make every effort to secure a race in that region. Makes sense doesn't it. Gentleman all great things happen with a small effort and a strong will. Its easy to complain but more difficult being part of the solution
    Last edited by derminator; 02.27.15 at 3:35 PM.
    DERM

Liked: 174

Derm,

In 2014, my son & I went to Nelson Ledges, Pocono, and Watkins Glen in support of the series, and now as I see the 2015 schedule, one race on that schedule is two hours away with the remaining 6+ hours each way. I realize that M-O wasn't accomodating for one weekend, but there are regionals at M-O Labor Day weekend and the first weekend in October, so I assume one of those would accomodate our own run group? In addition, if Nelson Ledges reopens, are there any plans to place them back on the schedule for 2015? We want nothing more than the series to grow and prosper, but if you want further growth then the series shouldn't be so regionalized.

Thanks!

Mark

PM sent
    DERM

Liked: 51

Default Mark

Mid Ohio is on my bucket list
    I had the opportunity to watch the Run offs there.
    I really hope we can add it next year .
    It would be great if you could help contacting regional
    Competitors to support the Challenge Cup series.
    With all the positive support and increased fields
    I sure the series will be able branch out to other venues
    It 's just going to take a little effort and support from all
    of us in the Formula Vee community .

Cheers

Desmond

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information