Thread: '98 Van Diemen

Liked: 23

Default '98 Van Diemen

Guys,

I was planning on racing both Florida Majors, and eventually ending up doing the runoffs in Daytona. Kind of a bucket list thing.

But now my financial situation is like a pimple getting ready to pop. My employer went out and bought 3 Boeing 747-400's. Actually 4, but I am not sure where they came up with the money for that one. We have all been flying these airplanes for the last three months while they have been late on payroll for two weeks each pay period. Overtime and per diem has not been paid since October.

This is where I am offering up my '98 Van Diemen FB for rent for these two weekends. If I don't get paid by Monday. The car has a zero time George Dean Suzuki. It is probably one of the newest engines around. It also has a brand new radiator and oil cooler, and is race ready with my trackside support. Car will be ready "arrive and drive" as I have everything ready to go. This is a very fast and reliable car that is capable of winning both of these events in the hands of the right driver.

I am posting this now because registration for both of these events are closing soon.

Unfortunately for me, if they don't come up with all our money by mid January we are parking all their airplanes. My car will then be for sale, and so will be my house and everything else my ex wife doesn't own. I will post pictures on request, and the price will be $35,000 for now to comply with Apex rules.

If you don't have the cash or the experience to put this car near the front, please don't waist your time or mine.

Phone (954)- 328-7740

Thanks in advance... and happy new year.

Liked: 12

Default Dayamm

Brett, sorry to hear your getting jacked around job / pay wise. I most sincerely hope things turn around for the better soon.

I lost my job just before the 4th of July. I've been able to hang onto my car so far. My wife is very understanding. No money for racing it though.. LOL

Gods Speed bud!

Doug

Thanks Doug,

I am the VP of our in house union and upper level management begged us not to park the fleet prior to the UPS Christmas rush. We are an independent contractor with 3 MD-11's and 3 B-747-400's that made them roughly 15 million in ten days. Notice how everybody's stuff got delivered on time as opposed to last year?

So to thank us for all our trouble, my 9 year old got screwed for Christmas, I had to overdraw my accounts so my older son's college tuition is settled for January, and I am hoping I get paid Monday for a check that was due Dec. 26th.

All my stuff is for sale. Car, truck, trailer, spares, etc. I will gladly provide pictures and info on everything I have.

Again, happy new year to all...

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Holy crap, dude...

Damn, bud - That just plain sucks.
    Are you pilots actually able to "ground the fleet"?
    Maybe just one call to the FAA, but maybe shoot self in foot w/ that move?

I hope someone takes you up on a rental, I know Novak converted Van Dieman's absolutely Rip!

Regards, Coop

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 917

Of course pilots can ground the fleet.

Simply refuse to fly them.

It really is bad that your employer would screw you over that way.

Hope that things get better.

Thanks guys,

As it turns out, we got paid Friday, so all these drastic measures seem to have been averted. I started taking pics of the car to post, but just couldn't do it. Don't really want to sell right now. As Coop said a very fast car that can win races- even with me driving.

They still owe is for the overtime since October...

Liked: 896

Good luck Brett
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Default '98 Novak Vandiemen F1000

Looks like averting drastic measures was a little premature. Got paid for two weeks, but there is no intention on all the back pay. They could be ready to take their winnings and run.

Sooo....regrettably I have to part with the fastest, coolest car I ever owned. A little about it:

'98 RF98(not a wide track) Novak conversion F1000
    Aerocraft raised nose, spare original mustache wing/nose/shock cover.
    Penske Three way adjustables rebuilt by Jim Johnson with only one weekend on them.
    Vented rotors with AP aluminum calipers
    AIM EVO 4 dash with GPS and data acquisition
    Absolute zero time '07/'08 Suzuki GSXR 1000 rocket motor built by George Dean. Engine is relatively new compared to other GSXR's
    Brand new Howe radiator(app. 35% more capacity than stock VD radiator).
    Brand new C&R oil cooler. Both coolers never used
    Spare '07/'08 Suzuki GSXR1000. 4 weekends on it. Also built by George Dean
    Taylor limited slip differential
    HRP diffuser- One of Mike's latest
    Set of 6 and 8" OZ mags(original yellow stripers)
    Spare set of 8 and 10" OZ aluminums( perfect for rains).

Asking $35,000 for all the above.

Trailer- 30' '98 Pace Shadow. 5,000lb axles, diamond plate and linoleum floor. Air conditioning, lighted with 110 and 12v outlets. work bench and two toolboxes.

Asking $6,000

Truck- '98 Dodge 3500. 8.0 V10 gas. 150,000, but engine replaced at about 80,000 miles. Low time upper and lower control arms and ball joints. Brand new dash! hard to find, and cost almost $2,000 for both pieces and labor. Anyone who knows these trucks can relate. New radiator. I've probably put over $5,000 in this truck since I bought it and I regret having to sell it almost as much as the car.

Asking $6,000- or everything for $45,000

Everything you need to go racing in 2015. (954)-328-7740
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 896

Someone will get a Rocketship.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Thanks Jay,

And with the timing of all this, I am able to take the car, truck and trailer to Sebring where serious interested parties can arrive to it, drive it, and take it home.

Liked: 59

Sorry to hear you are selling the car Brett. We always enjoy seeing you at the track. It is a really nice fast car.

Good luck with the sale. See you in Sebring.
    Last edited by billwald; 01.06.15 at 2:52 AM.

Liked: 79

Brett,

So sorry to hear the news. I have worked for an outfit run like that years ago-I know how badly it sucks.

Hope things turn around and you are able to make it up to your 9 year old and your son's tuition won't be an issue. I have one staring college in the fall and hoping that scholarships take car of some of the sting.

PS my youngest wants to be a pilot.

Bob

Thread Information