Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Matt King View Post
    Why would any flagger EVER display a blue flag on the first lap of a race among cars in the same class? In fact, why would a flagger ever display a blue flag to any car ahead of a same-class car unless it was being lapped?...
    I don't know what world you race in but it must not be Earth.

We have guys out here that are an absolute RIP in FF's. We have other guys who can just barely get them around corners. So, yes we blue flag same class cars all the time including GT1, FC, FM, etc..

Like has been said it isn't a 'let them by' message. It's a warning to be aware of a car close behind that looks like he's going to make a move on you.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post
    I don't know what world you race in but it must not be Earth.

We have guys out here that are an absolute RIP in FF's. We have other guys who can just barely get them around corners. So, yes we blue flag same class cars all the time including GT1, FC, FM, etc..

Like has been said it isn't a 'let them by' message. It's a warning to be aware of a car close behind that looks like he's going to make a move on you.
    What you are describing is someone being lapped. I live in the world where two cars in the SAME CLASS, on the SAME LAP are RACING against each other. I have no idea what scenario you are talking about where a car in the SAME CLASS on the SAME LAP would be shown a blue flag for a car it is racing against for position. That is not what blue flags are meant for.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Contributing Member rick payne_75's Avatar
    Liked: 112

Default WOW

I have read this thread long enough without a response. I have run with both these guys a few times in the past. Why would you, Alan Baker.... choose to take this to a public forum a year or more after the incident?

You are both supposed to be friends? The other Alan in this incident has been enough of a gentleman to refrain from responding to this post. Do you remember the icscc race in Seattle when I myself was at the back of the grid after missing qualifying and ran into the back of another local B.C. racer on the pace lap! my fault 100% The other racer in question, accepted my apology and the incident was never mentioned again!

What are your real motives here????

Personally I think it shows poor sportsmanship!

Rick Payne

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Matt King View Post
    What you are describing is someone being lapped....
    NO, we often have fast drivers at the back of starting grids for one reason or another. Late to grid, etc. WE DO Blue Flag for them on their way through the field be it on class or mixed class. We are 90% mixed class racing out here. So there's often plenty of reasons for Blue Flagging before cars are being lapped.

Just be glad you live in an area of the Earth were things run with such perfection.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 1880

Quote Originally Posted by rick payne_75 View Post
    I have read this thread long enough without a response. I have run with both these guys a few times in the past. Why would you, Alan Baker.... choose to take this to a public forum a year or more after the incident?

You are both supposed to be friends? The other Alan in this incident has been enough of a gentleman to refrain from responding to this post. Do you remember the icscc race in Seattle when I myself was at the back of the grid after missing qualifying and ran into the back of another local B.C. racer on the pace lap! my fault 100% The other racer in question, accepted my apology and the incident was never mentioned again!

Rick Payne

I suggest that you re-read Alans post - he is most definitely not blaming or casting aspersions on the other driver. The issue was with other people trying to blame him.

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

I found Alan's posting to be nothing more than making sure he hadn't messed up. The other Alan committed no crime. It's racing, stuff happens.

The red mist. Gets us all. I don't know the 'other Alan' but gained respect for him as a racer and a gentleman reading this.
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Contributing Member
    Liked: 473

Quote Originally Posted by rick payne_75 View Post

Woah, woah there, Rick!

This conversation is not in anyway an attempt to run him down in the SLIGHTEST. I've already said very clearly that Alan was a complete gent about the whole thing. And please note: until this post, I never even mentioned him by name.

This started only because I'd been talking to some folks about the incident and I started second-guessing MYSELF. So my only motive is that I wanted the opinions of long-time racers to tell me if I had any reason to doubt myself or not.

Okay? That was my ONLY reason to post: to ask if perhaps I had in some way done something wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information