Liked: 1417

Is anyone else planning to attend this year? We'll be there, at least on Sunday, and hopefully on the other event days, as well. I can't wait.

Liked: 0

My wife and I will be there as well. I can't wait this is one of my dreams to see an F1 car at full tilt. I just wish the championship had not already been decided.

MH
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

It's interesting (sad?) that the race isn't sold out yet for this year... even in the cold, miserable rain last year, it was an awesome event!

MH - you may want to leave the wife home... the number and quality of non-English speaking women is incredible!!! Foreign babes EVERYWHERE!!!

TDR
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Could be the reason she agreed to come!!!
    I was surprised that it didn't sell out this year but the fact that Michael has had the championship pretty much sewn up this year did kill some of the drama. I hope the weather is better only for the BMW's and Michellin. It would be great to see MS fighting both his brother and Juan for the race win!

Michael Hall

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: BrooksHall ]
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Liked: 3787

The wife and I went last year and it was incredible. I even thought a few nicer thoughts about Tony George after it was over. We sat at start/finish across from the pits for the race. But, in the days before we walked the whole circuit.

But, when Tony offered us first crack at the same seats this year we declined. That may explain some of the drop off in attendence. Many that went last year have now checked it off their list.

We loved it, but decided our next F1 race will have to be in Europe. Anyway, this year I'm too busy involved in a little points race down here....

BTW, it can be done fairly inexpensive. Infield 3 day passes are fairly cheap, and you can see.

Liked: 3

My crew chief, car owner, & I will be in the same seats we had last year (just past the entry to Corner 1 -- not "Turn 1," Corner 1. Turns are all left-hand, corners are left & right).

Anyone who has not been before, if you have any remote interest in F1, open-wheel racing, or wild characters, you owe it to yourself to go. I am relieved that my points race was sewn up last weekend, so I don't have to miss it.

Bring earplugs!! The Ferraris go by and they sound amazing, screaming like banshees. Then the BMW's go by and they sound brutal, almost growling compared to the others. Then the McLarens go by and they sound like nothing else, ever. They make the others sound like low-revving motorcycles by comparison. I imagine that every dog in a ten-mile radius gets a headache from it!

Although I am obsessed with F1 this will be the first time I've attended an F1 race. I have always spent any extra money on racing myself and traveling to Canada or Europe would mean no racing for me. Unfortunately I didn't discover F1 until it had left Long Beach and all I've ever seen there are CART cars. I wanted to go last year but my daughter was born on 9/9 and my wife would have killed me if I left for a week and left her alone to take care of the baby. I do plan on making this an annual trip and I hope to fit in Montreal next year as well.

MH

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: BrooksHall ]
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Don and I will also be there. Don made it last year, but I had to work (bummer!!)

Randy

Montreal is awesome!
    i was there in 1986 , when they still had qualifing motors. sweet!
    there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

I was at Montreal in 96 and it was awesome. Went to Indy last year for F1 and it was just as great as before but without all the travel. We'll be very top row over the tunnel entrance if you guys make it out that way. AND REMEMBER ONLY ***** 'S WEAR EARPLUGS [img]smile.gif[/img] Make sure you stand right along the fence and watch them come by. If you havent been there you're gonna love it!

Liked: 3

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tab M:
    AND REMEMBER ONLY ***** 'S WEAR EARPLUGS [img]smile.gif[/img] Make sure you stand right along the fence and watch them come by. If you havent been there you're gonna love it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EH? WHAT? Somebody answer the phone! HUH?
    So I'm a *****. But I'm also shopping for amplified phones and hearing aids, and I'm not even 30. Okay, barely 30.

USGP UNDER THREAT OF CANCELATION!!!!

The FIA is waiting for Max Mosley to return from Peru and a discision on weather or not the USGP will be help at the end of the month will be announced this weekend in Monza.

MH

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: BrooksHall ]
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Is this new news? They just reported yesterday that ABC would be covering the event live.
    http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines01/09/s6906.html

Rob I just read on Speedvision's web page that the FIA has stated that "it's a day to day" discision. Monza is still on and Speedvision is as of now still going to broadcast it as normal.

MH
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Kris Speedvision is going to cover Friday practice Saturday practice and qualifing and Sunday practice LIVE! They will show the race tape delayed and ABC will show the race live. I will not sit through two hours of Paul Page babbling on about a topic he has no idea about.

Michael Hall
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

After reading the article linked from above. I really hope that Speedvision is going to cover the race. Yes, having ABC cover the race is a boost for the sport in general. However, you can't beat the comentary from David Hobbs. His call it like he sees it style is truly fantastic! Although it appears to be that he may have toned it down after he stopped comentatiting for Trans-Am races for some reason.. I still love it!

[ September 18, 2001: Message edited by: Kris23 ]

Thread Information