Liked: 1417

Is anyone else irritated that ESPN is not carrying the Tour de France this year? We don't get OLN, as it is only a pay-per package extra channel, so I am way behind on following Lance this year. Looked like he was in 31st the other day.

That boy loves the mountains...

Looks like he is making his move. Lance won the L'Alpe d'Huez stage today and made up tons of time on the leaders. He could be in the yellow jersey within a few days.

Official Site

Outdoor Life Network

[This message has been edited by Doug Carter (edited July 17, 2001).]

Liked: 0

Doug I'm big cylcling fan as I raced bikes for years. Yes it looks like Lance could be in the yellow by tomorrow night. He's in 4th 10+ min back from Simone. O'grady is 2 min ahead of Lance. Tomorrows time trial is going to be awsome. You should get OLN we are getting the same coverage as the Europeans it's great stuff.

Michael Hall
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Road bikes or mountain, Michael? I raced mountain bikes for a few years (DH, DS and XC), but I wasn't very good. At least I was in good shape.

At least there is a live radio broadcast on the internet that I found at the above sites. I can listen to the stages live. Time trial tomorrow!

Lance won again in today's TT. He is a machine in the mountains. He took over 7 minutes off of Simon's advantage and over 6 minutes off Kivilev’s advantage. Armstrong is now third overall, 13 minutes behind Simon and only two behind Kivilev, second overall. Yesterday, he was 20 minutes back. Just amazing.

Its good to have heroes.

[This message has been edited by Doug Carter (edited July 18, 2001).]

Liked: 0

I'm a roadie. I still ride just to keep my ass small enough to get into my car. I mountain bike for fun mostly because all my buddies do it. If you didn't get to see yesterdays stage you missed one of the greatest moments in sports history. Lance looked like he cracked and Telekom tried to put him away. Ulrich attacked an Alp D'Huez and Lance responded he caught Ulrich and passed him. When he did he looked back, kinda shrugged his shoulders and road away like Ulrich was standing still. Ulrich looked like he was in shock it was amazing.

Michael Hall

[This message has been edited by BrooksHall (edited July 18, 2001).]
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Thread Information