Thread: GT3

Liked: 1417

Anyone get theirs yet?

I may need to sell some plasma to go get one. We saw Monaco is an included track and there are a half-dozen F1 cars from the late 60's to the mid 90's hidden in the game as well.

Liked: 0

Howdy All,

Well this past week I got the GT3 Playstation pack, saved $20, which used to buy memory card. While gameplay isn't all that different from GT2, the graphics are awesome. First two nights I stayed uptill 2am playing. Now just playing once a day or so for an hour. Thus far my best cars are:

Integra Type-R, with 270 hp
    (Just like World Challenge star Kleinubing)

Lotus Elise 350, 490 hp
    (great car to race those other supercars)

Ford Focus Rally Car, 430 hp
    (won it and just getting used to it)

As for the tracks, some are awesome. Cote Azur is Monaco and a bitch to drive with anything. Laguna always fun and I like bunch of other courses. All in all having a blast. Next game to get is LeMans 24 Heures. Looks good.

Cheers,

Al.
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Has anyone tried their playstation with a steering wheel? I have a GP2 on my PC and was looking to get a PS2 but I've heard that steering wheels don't work well with it.

Michael Hall
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Michael, I've had a Thrustmaster T2 steering wheel (and pedals) for quite a few years now for my PC and I can honestly say that it increases the driving/racing experience that much more. In recent years companies have developed the force feeback steering wheels which seem really cool, but I have yet to use one first hand. I preordered my Playstation2 and Gran Turismo 3 combo pack and I should be getting it today!!! Last week Best Buy had a deal for a new steering wheel developed from Logitech for the PS2 called the GT Force. It's got pedals and force feedback with hand lever (Ferrari/F1 type) shifters. I picked one of those up while Best Buy was offering a $30 gift card rebate. The steering wheel is now being sold for $90. I haven't played on the new system yet, but from everyone that I talk to that has it, IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!! Now all we have to do is wait for EA to release F1 2001 in the fall!

------------------
    Keith Carter #28
    94\95 VanDiemen
    keith@formulacontinental.com

Kieth I have had the same system for my PC for years and I love it. Let me know about the PS2 and the force wheel if it works I am all over it.

Michael Hall
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Liked: 1417

Sleeeeeeep... soooo... sleepy. Damn your eyes, Keith. Why not just tap a vein, huh?

GT3 kicks arse, and the jury is still out on the wheel. It doesn't center itself well, and the feedback is numbing. I think it will take a bit more tweaking to make it more comfortable.

Michael, The wheel setup itself is VERY nice. The force feedback part of it is going to take some getting used to, but it can also be turned off. The only problem that I've seen with it so far is that I can't seem to be able to adjust the sensitivity of the steering wheel for the PS2 like I was able to with the PC wheel. So far it looks like the review I read on the GT Force (PS2) wheel is true. It stated, "The first few times I used it, I wanted to throw it out the window. I have since grown to like and and can no longer race without it." My personal opinion: Using it once so far, I wouldn't say that it's a must have, but certainly a nice addition. I may still grow used to the feedback and never want to use anything else though...

Doug: When do you want to race again? I may HAVE to stay home tomorrow from work. I think I'm getting sick <cough-cough>

------------------
    Keith Carter #28
    94\95 VanDiemen
    keith@formulacontinental.com

Wow, broke 210 mph last night on the test track with my Lotus. You guys played with setup on any of your cars yet? I've only adjusted brake balance on the rally car and gear ratios on those I've spent big bucks for racing gearbox.

Cheers,

Al.
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Liked: 447

Just got all golds for my B license! Woohoo! It only took 3 weeks. I think I may move on to my Rally license now. Playstation2 is sucking out my brain!!!! [img]redface.gif[/img]
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Why don't you sit it in your lap?

Thread Information