Liked: 59

Default Varacins out after the first couple of laps

Not good, Varacins out, Andrade as well. Looks like the leaders touched and Dennis in 3rd couldn't avoid Varacins when MV spun. Sucks.

Liked: 1432

If ya can't beat 'em, take 'em out I guess.

Liked: 49

Don't think it was anything like that, Reid..

Liked: 1432

Maybe, maybe not. Only he knows. What I know is that if you are good enough to run at the front of a good field, then you are good enough to control your car to not totally spin someone out no matter how close you are. There is a difference between a tap, and and all out hit hard enough to spin someone. If it was on purpose, it would be a textbook way to do it.

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Only he knows. What I know is that if you are good enough to run at the front of a good field, then you are good enough to control your car to not totally spin someone out no matter how close you are. There is a difference between a tap, and and all out hit hard enough to spin someone. If it was on purpose, it would be a textbook way to do it.
    What a load of BOLLOCKS!!!!

Liked: 69

Default Spun

It not only happened to the front runners but us mid packers also had that happen. I also got punted while coming OUT of turn 3 and got spun to fall back even farther.
    It seems that a lot of the drivers seem to be using the front cars to stop them from flying off the track.

Oh well that's racing though!!

Kim Madrid
    FV 29

Liked: 174

Kim,

Sorry to hear about that! It's really not racing when you have that occur and we shouldn't behave like SM's on the track. Sometimes with a little patience, the race will come back to you but the red mist must have been present on Sunday!

Mark

88' Citation 002' #66

Liked: 67

Is there anywhere to watch a replay of the race yet?

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Hey those brakes suck. My brakes + your brakes = more stopping power

There's a big difference between a punt or bump n' run and an oh crap this pig won't stop I screwed up.

I feel before we accuse some folks of punting people we should know their intent or history of screw-ups.

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Speedcast.tv
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 21

Quote Originally Posted by mikehinkle View Post
    Is there anywhere to watch a replay of the race yet?
    It's FV racing - we just got this one uploaded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwK-...7bTUijQ9EBvRZA

Liked: 145

Vee race starts at about 1:20: http://www.speedcasttv.com/#/races/395

Liked: 34

Quote Originally Posted by craigs View Post
    It's FV racing - we just got this one uploaded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwK-...7bTUijQ9EBvRZA
    Very cool! Hope Slim gets a chance to see this!

Liked: 16

I highly doubt there are many people in FV, especially at the runoffs, who would intentionally run into the back of someone to slow them down. It is FAR more likely that they were 1 foot off your bumper and you hit the brakes earlier than they expected, or hit the gas later than they expected.
    Stephen Saslow

Liked: 391

Woah! I made the headlines on Apexspeed.

I don't think Andy did it on purpose. I spoke with him after the race and he was pretty shaken' up about the whole situation and felt horrible about it. My advice to him, and others might consider this as well, is think about the situation...after that corner was a section of track that the draft would allow the following car to close any gap left open in the corner. There was no reason to be 6 inches off my bumper as on corner exit the draft would take care of it. Sometimes is just makes sense to leave a little gap for the unexpected.

That corner is also one of the easiest corners I have come across to over drive the entry. There was a split second thought in my mind going into that corner that something like that might happen...I could tell from qualifying that a lot of people were too fast on the entry of that corner...I actually thought about blowing that corner on the first lap to avoid something like what happened, but in the split second I had to decide I opted for my normal approach.

Funny thing is out of all the people I bumped into in the airport on Monday, it was Andy. He still looked very regretful about the incident. We made our peace and I told him not to worry about it as I'm already onto Daytona.

There is a reason why no one has ever won FV 3 years in a row. All things considered I left Laguna still happy about how we did as I was happy with our performace in qualifying. Races always come down to some luck.
    Last edited by Speed Sport Engineering; 10.21.14 at 1:58 PM.

Thread Information