Liked: 0

We are inside of four weeks before the May 29/30 EWC openers at Grattan. Here is an update on the status of the series:

I have still not yet confirmed the entire 2004 contingency award program. Most of the delay is my fault: I have been distracted by my own race car. While I can't share the details until I have handshakes on everything, the contingency awards will again provide some real incentives to run the EWC. We are not quite a "pro" series so don't quit your day job but for sure we will have more to race for than just trophies. Everything should be in place within two weeks. Details to follow.

Our partner region at Grattan, Western Michigan Region, is rolling out the red carpet for the EWC. We'll have our own race group and they will be reserving some paddock area for us. If you need an entry form, contact the registrar, Sue Bailey, at (616)878-9830 (before 10:00 PM EDT) or wmrscca@earthlink.net. Grattan Raceway will be holding an open test day on Friday. For more information, call the track at (616)691-7221.

Driver recruiting is going well with 100+ drivers in the recruiting pool. You can help with the driver recruiting in two ways. First, let me know if you'll be at Grattan. There is no better recruiting tool than the "early entry list" posts on the FF1600 web site. Nobody wants to miss a race with a big field. Second, call one friend with a Formula Ford and do a little arm twisting. A little peer group pressure is a good thing.

While on the subject of recruiting, drivers with CASC national permits, Midwest Council full competition licenses, and Waterford Hills senior licenses are all welcome in the EWC.

I'll be traveling to Brazil (the South American country, not the small town in Indiana) later this week on business but will be back in the states for the Grattan series openers. While in Brazil, I'll have access to my work e-mail and the internet. Looking forward to hearning from everyone on your Grattan and EWC race plans. Many "obrigados" in advance.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

Liked: 42

Sounds great Steve,

OK Guys, theres been lots of talk all winter of lots of guys that are running the entire series this year, and some newbies, and lots of new cars coming.

ROLL CALL REQUESTED, let us know if you're coming to Gratten for rounds #1 & 2 of the EWC.

The Crossle is rebuilt, and ready, so I'll be there. I have it on a good source that were not going to have any of that wet stuff during Q like the last couple years.

I know the CF's put on a heck of a show last year for the always gracious WMR corner workers. (Right Dave, Michael?) I'm sure they're expecting the same this year.

Marc
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Liked: 2

i'm planning on being there to bring up the rear...

Liked: 313

Downloaded and mailed my entry yesterday. Plan on the whole EWC series.

Liked: 12

Hey guys,

I don't know if this will help sway anyone into running the EWC, but FormulaCar Magazine will be covering the entire series this year with positioning in our Hard Card new section with photo(s) and results. This is an awesome program that will go along way towards strengthening and stabilizing the Formula Ford category.

RH - FCM
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Hello from Camacari, Bahia, Brasil. As of the Sunday e-mails, here is the latest on the Grattan EWC entries:

Steve Beeler, Lola T-540, CFF, E
    Dave Harmison, Royale RP21, CFF, E
    Ron Tebo, Van Diemen RF78, CFF, E
    Jim Dietz, Van Diemen RF97, FF, E
    Gary Godula, Reynard 88F, FF, E
    Marc Blanc, Crossle, 35F, CFF, W
    Paul Quiniff, Lola T-540 CFF, W
    Bill Ehrlinger, Van Diemen RF80, CFF, W
    Jim Nash, Van Diemen RF98, FF, W
    Andy Graff, Van Diemen RF97, FF, W
    Loren Tieman, Reynard 83F, FF, W
    John Haydon, Jr, Tiga FFA-80, CFF, W

In addition to these 12 confirmed entries, I know of another 6 probables. There are still quite a few people that I have not heard from. More news to follow when available.

"Obrigado" to all those who have checked in.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    office: (313)390-18118 sbeeler@ford.com

[size="1"][ May 14, 2004, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Steve B ][/size]

Liked: 64

Hey guys,
    I'm in!
    Wes Allen Merlyn MK-025 CFF #62

With Wes Allen added to the list, my count is 16 firm entries plus another 6 maybes. Many more in the recruiting pool have not yet checked in. If you will be at the Grattan EWC openers, please let me know so that we can get the reserved paddock set up accordingly. Obrigado.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

Thread Information