Thread: F1200

Liked: 36

Default F1200

I see F1200s ALL 3 races/practice are on SUNDAY

Liked: 15

They keep screwing us over. Soon they are going to kill the class permanently. We only have 10-12 cars left as it is. I can tell you if next year they keeping wanting to stick us with libre they are going to loose another car.

With the schedule on the Sunday I was told that even if everything runs smoothly we will be racing after 5pm and we are the last class on Sunday. All this Bull**** so that 7 guys can drive around for 3 hours on Saturday.
    Kapelke Tuned

RF93 Van Diemen FF1600

Liked: 8

Default May be the last time

This is not the first time BEMC has pulled this kind of stuff.

We should seriously consider not running any of their events on our schedule next year.

Liked: 100

This is the reason we are working with the US guys to develop the CAN AM series. We will have our own races. But you need to participate. That will mean one or two races in the US. Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio. Pocono. You do need to run them all one or maybe two you choose. The reason for the series is twofold one to hold our own races with only Vees and two strengthen the class.
    DERM

Liked: 100

Correction
    You do not need to run all the races just maybe one or two
    DERM

Liked: 18

FWIW-
    The original schedule had us racing with the FLibre group for P1, Q1 and R1 on Saturday.
    I pointed this out to Harry a week ago. He was on it right away.

I realize the solution isn't optimal, but it does give us our own run group for 3 races on Sunday. I appreciate Harry stepping up and the organizers making adjustments in the schedule.

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Harry did what he could with a difficult situation presented to him by the organizers.

Ultimately the problem is with the F1200 car count, or lack of numbers. You can't expect organizers to keep multiple grids alive with 10-12 cars only. It doesn't financially work.

If you want to keep your own group you need to work to getting the numbers up per event or help Derm & others in what they are trying to accomplish with having US/Canadian events. Derm isn't asking for two much, simply one weekend in the US & that will help pay off here in Canada.

Having AVR move on to F1600's has not helped as they were bringing multiple cars per weekend.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 15

Even a couple of years ago when our car count was high they put us with libre. That was when F1600 had 10-12 cars and they got their own race that same weekend. I just don't see any consistency.
    Kapelke Tuned

RF93 Van Diemen FF1600

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Quote Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    Even a couple of years ago when our car count was high they put us with libre. That was when F1600 had 10-12 cars and they got their own race that same weekend. I just don't see any consistency.

I could be wrong but I believe the least number of cars in 1600 was around 14 or 15 cars at Mosport & the 1200's had less that weekend, but close to the same number. Libre had 4-5 cars I believe.

1600's were rumoured to had offered to pay for any shortage with the Clubs below the required car count to keep their single class, but this was also well before that weekend.

Kevin keep in mind that 1600's also only have 2 races per weekend but 2 qualifying events so that is different as well, harder to fit the Libre group in based on that.

Regardless of all of that, if 1600's had car counts of 10-12 or so cars then they would be grouped together with other classes sooner then later.

Hard to complain when car counts are only 2/3rds of what they need to be. Can't blame the clubs, have to simply get more competitors out & then you have strength in numbers.

I also do realize that the more times this happens the harder it is to get the car counts up. It is a tough spot.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 51

Default BEMC event

Due to a prior commitment I was unable to participate in the event.
    Thanks to Harry and Dean work on the schedule .
    I should be able to make it now.
    We all know it is not the best situation .
    But we owe it to Bemc , all the volunteers , our series sponsor Millers Oils.
    to put on a good show.
    We can all discuss the situation at a later time , when it will be more constructive.
    there are all types of factors that have contributed the situation.
    We need to show Bemc what kind of car count we will have so I urge everyone to
    pre register.

PS
    Thanks Steve for your input .its nice to see you still have a soft spot for F1200
    any chance you can dust off one of your vees and join us.

Cheers
    Desmond

Thread Information