Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default I may have missed it

but have not seen any mention of a truck and trailer.
    Some folks have more in these two items than the car.

Liked: 5

[QUOTE=Rick Kirchner;442262]ref post #25, I hope you're not suggesting to a newbie that SCCA insurance covers the car, because that's sure not the case!

We had a F600 flipped over while being towed at M-O last September. The chief steward said that the SCCA insurance had a new coverage which will repair this car under damage caused by workers. It was clearly the tow truck driver's fault for going way too fast in a corner and due to his hard tying a knot on the roll hoop which prevented the rope from being released from the roll hoop. We still have that hard tied tow rope as it was left on the roll hoop for the inspection team. Thought that ya'll might want to know this.

Jim

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

That's good news ! Thx !!!
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    but have not seen any mention of a truck and trailer.
    Some folks have more in these two items than the car.
    I have access to a truck and trailer that I can use for the time being. Just costs me some favors here and there that I am more than willing to trade :-)

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

BTW a half ton truck & a 16' trailer will do you just fine invest in a weight distribution hitch adjust it properly makes for a very safe & comfortable tow
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 99

Quote Originally Posted by racerdad2 View Post
    BTW a half ton truck & a 16' trailer will do you just fine invest in a weight distribution hitch adjust it properly makes for a very safe & comfortable tow
    -Nick

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Default First car

My first was a DB1 that I bought as a roller (under 10k, I think), then found a used motor. I was on the track for about 15k (under 20k for sure) and used a 4 cylinder Ranger and open trailer to get there!

I think a DB1 is a great, reliable 1st car any many are still near the pointy end at Nationals! (Or is called Majors now? IDK, I've been in hibernation for a while!)

BTW, I just saw a couple DB1s in the For Sale section.....
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information