Liked: 0

I got the good news over the weekend from Kevin Coulter that Chicago Region will be offering free camping at EWC Rounds #5 and #6 at Road America. Both tents and motorhomes are welcome. There will be a nominal charge for hookups. This is probably the best solution available for the PGA related hotel room problem. I must admit that I'm not much for camping but, hey, this leaves more budget for beers at Siebkens....

I also heard from Rob Holden at FormulaCar magazine. He is very interested in providing coverage of the series so I agreed to send him race results, points standings, and pictures after all four EWC weekends. If you are going to run the series in 2004, e-mail me your plans and a .jpeg of your car. From your input, I'll write a "2004 EWC Preview" article. Maybe Rob can make some use out of my cheesy copy. Deadline for submissions: March 15.

More contingency award announcements to follow soon.

See you at the Grattan test day....only 88 days and counting.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

P.S. In the unlikely event that you don't have these weekends on your calendar, here again is the 2004 EWC schedule:

May 29-30 @ Grattan Raceway Park (Western Michigan Region)
    July 10-11 @ Blackhawk Farms Raceway (Blackhawk Valley Region)
    August 14-15 @ Road America (Chicago Region)
    September 11-12 @ Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Ohio Valley Region)

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Steve,

Please include IRP as a sponsor again this year!

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Rob Howden from FormulaCar magazine has moved up my deadline to this Monday. Therefore, if you want to be included in the 2004 EWC preview article, please e-mail me your plans, .jpegs, whatever by Saturday. That will give me time Sunday to pull everything together into something resembling journalism.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44

Its not too late to make the FormulaCar magazine 2004 EWC preview article. So far I've recieved e-mails from Joe Marcinski, Gary Godula, Chuck Baden, Mark Blythe, Dave Harmison, Tom Tipsword, Frank Vella, Craig Jones, Marc Blanc, Bruce Drenth, and Scott Hanba. Thanks, guys, for the news and .jpegs.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T0540 HU44

I've written something for Rob Howden's fine magazine that I hope passes for journalism. I've saved some space under the 300 word limit so there are still a few hours left to make the EWC preview article.

Thanks again to those who have been filling up my e-mail with news and photos.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    office: (314)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

Thread Information