Junior Member Spectremotorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Default New Guy in the SoPac Region

Hey folks, my names Wes, I'm fairly new to the SCCA and this region. I've only been participating for about a year or so. A friend and I(both members) are really heavily interested in getting a formula Enterprise car or an F1000 car. Just looking to introduce myself and get any pointers/tips/advice as we're incredibly new to the Formula game.

Thanks!

Liked: 45

Welcome to the region. Look us up if your ever in SoCal, or at any SoPac events. We don't do F1000 or FE, but have a fair bit of knowledge about open wheel stuff.

~Dave
    Dave Freitas Racing
    www.davefreitasracing.com
    df.racing@verizon.net

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 923

F1000 is very fast and technical. Almost Atlantic Speeds. Good and better.

Formula E is a spec car with the good and bad that come with one.

Pick your poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post
    F1000 is very fast and technical. Almost Atlantic Speeds. Good and better.

Formula E is a spec car with the good and bad that come with one.

Pick your poison.

From what I'e read the costs of running an FE can be fairly reasonable compared to other cars of similar speed. So I'm leaning in that direction

Liked: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Spectremotorsports View Post
    From what I'e read the costs of running an FE can be fairly reasonable compared to other cars of similar speed. So I'm leaning in that direction
    Very reasonable, for a few reasons:

1) Tire rule - you must race on the tires you qualify on.
    2) Engines are conservatively tuned, dyno-matched, and last years.
    3) The spec package limits your part selection - no special package of wings/gears/springs for each track.
    4) Spec cars tend to hold their value, as there is no appreciable difference from year to year.

Some people like spec classes, some don't. IMO, it's the least expensive way to go fast. FB/F1000 is faster, but more expensive to run up front. YMMV.

You might decide to go rent a FE for a weekend to try before you buy. Many of the CSRs will do an arrive-and-drive, which is a great way to see if you like the car before dropping big $$$. I rented from One Formula before I bought mine, and was very happy with the way the process worked.

Do you have your license yet?
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Default New Guy in the SoPac Region

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Mauney View Post
    Very reasonable, for a few reasons:

1) Tire rule - you must race on the tires you qualify on.
    2) Engines are conservatively tuned, dyno-matched, and last years.
    3) The spec package limits your part selection - no special package of wings/gears/springs for each track.
    4) Spec cars tend to hold their value, as there is no appreciable difference from year to year.

Some people like spec classes, some don't. IMO, it's the least expensive way to go fast. FB/F1000 is faster, but more expensive to run up front. YMMV.

You might decide to go rent a FE for a weekend to try before you buy. Many of the CSRs will do an arrive-and-drive, which is a great way to see if you like the car before dropping big $$$. I rented from One Formula before I bought mine, and was very happy with the way the process worked.

Do you have your license yet?

I'm halfway through getting my license, now that I've settled in after my move I plan on finishing it up shortly.
    I'm in the Arizona region of sopac and through some connections will have access to a track for practicing/testing and whatnot. I'll look into renting an fe out here if possible.

Thread Information