Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 502

Default WTB Super Vee Lola 242

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

vehicle pictured is a Lola T-240/2 Formula B car (moncoque) of that era........there was no Super Vee derivative thereof

i think you may be looking for a Lola T-250/2 FSV (spaceframe)
    Last edited by provamo; 03.13.14 at 2:11 AM. Reason: goggled it

Contributing Member
    Liked: 32

Default Dyslexia Strikes ?

perhaps it is a Lola t324 you were after. I believe it was their first production full aluminum monocoque.
    It was built for FSV but I have pictures of Bobby Rahal driving one with what looks like a cosworth in it and have heard of other applications.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Lola did in fact build an FB (at the time, FA now) on the same tub as the FSV.

Big water radiator in the nose.
    Last edited by Steve Demeter; 04.16.14 at 6:23 PM.

Classifieds Super License teamwisconsin's Avatar
    Liked: 565

Quote Originally Posted by tonychilton View Post
    perhaps it is a Lola t324 you were after. I believe it was their first production full aluminum monocoque.
    It was built for FSV but I have pictures of Bobby Rahal driving one with what looks like a cosworth in it and have heard of other applications.
    Rahal's wasn't a 320 series, it was a 360 Atlantic with a BDA and at this moment it is two feet from my toolbox at work. (Albeit sans-engine at the moment.) That 240 above looks like a pretty typical Lola of that era. Build a cool looking chassis that has the rigidity of a wet noodle, then add tubes externally until it will just barely support its own weight OR it reaches whatever the minimum weight the class in question required. Perfect. One needs a variety of long tapered punches when putting them together to hold all the mess of flexible tubing in place until you can get a bolt through...
    Last edited by teamwisconsin; 07.25.14 at 3:11 AM.
    Ethan Shippert
    http://shippertracingservices.com
    https://www.norwestff.com

"l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post
    Lola did in fact build an Fb (at the time, FA now) on hte same tub as the FSV.

Big water radiator in the nose.
    agree somewhat but that was the T-320 SV and T-360 FAtl NOT the T-240 series

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 648

Quote Originally Posted by provamo View Post
    agree somewhat but that was the T-320 SV and T-360 FAtl NOT the T-240 series
    Yep. The T-240/242 were BDA FB cars (I owned one). The T-242 monocoque chassis was used for the first Lola monocoque F-5000 car in the T-300, later to evolve into the T-330 and T-332.

My current Lola T-342 project was the first FC imported into the states (then called Formula Super Ford in the UK), and had a 185hp SOHC 2L, 5-speed and BIG wheels. What made it REALLY unique was the addition of gobs of T-360 Atlantic stuff. It is a wicked car that hung with the big boys.

V/r

Iverson

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    Just looked at this link, and that was in fact my old car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    Any idea where it or one like it may be offered?

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

And before that it was my car.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 309

My current Lola T-342 project was the first FC imported into the states (then called Formula Super Ford in the UK), and had a 185hp SOHC 2L, 5-speed and BIG wheels. What made it REALLY unique was the addition of gobs of T-360 Atlantic stuff. It is a wicked car that hung with the big boys.
    I can well believe it. Doug Learned's rally customers are getting 230+ hp from his aluminum Pinto heads with big valves and high-lift roller cams.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

I received a PM from someone here that knew of one , it was 70K. The one referenced above sold on race-cars.com for 13K as a roller. That is where I was wanting to get NEAR price wise. My father Bob had one of these, and went to the runoffs in 1973 from SE Division FL, but didn't start for some reason or another. I am currently looking for this or one of his many other previously owned cars to restore for his 80th birthday in a few years, as a gift and possibly a track day included if he will agree to the drive.

Marshall;

I will encourage you to find a complete car:

• a period correct engine in fair condition (read: rebuild imminent at $7-10k) will cost north of $15k;
    • a two bolt FT-200 will be another $7.5K at a minimum, IF you can find one;
    • then you need to worry about the ancillaries in need of restoration, repair or replacement, plus consumables;
    • if you need to replace the monocoque, $10k from Bahner.

Since so few of these cars were made, to find a slider in my estimation will be quite remote.

Roll bar is not original on this, but the price is right. Marc Bahner can make a correct one for you.

This is nice.

Like they say, 'if you want to piss with the big dogs, make sure you can lift you leg high enough'.

V/r

Iverson

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    Any idea where it or one like it may be offered?
    I sold it to Ted Titmus in California. I believe he has it restored to PRISTINE condition.

Marshall;

This is nice.

Like they say, 'if you want to piss with the big dogs, make sure you can lift you leg high enough'.

V/r

Iverson
    Wow ! Beautiful examples. Maybe I'd be better off finding a GP Spitfire, his first race car, and restoring it including livery.

Left Picture, Mom pregnant, Blackhawk Farms, circa 1969. Right picture is my first SCCA event attended, circa 1970ish, Lakeland FL....Remember that place Iverson, the track was shaped like a key?
    Last edited by marshall9; 04.18.14 at 5:44 PM.

Thread Information