Liked: 0

Default DB4 Hub and Wheel Specs

Anyone?
    Making Transport Wheels for 1991 DB4 00-91 and need exact O.D. of wheel hub and exact I.D. of matching wheel bore. Since the mounting system is Hubcentric , clearance between hub and bore is fairly important. I have taken measurements myself but would feel more confident if someone with more experience could verify.
    Thanks,
    Bob and Damian della Santina

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by obmerb View Post
    Anyone?
    Making Transport Wheels for 1991 DB4 00-91 and need exact O.D. of wheel hub and exact I.D. of matching wheel bore. Since the mounting system is Hubcentric , clearance between hub and bore is fairly important. I have taken measurements myself but would feel more confident if someone with more experience could verify.
    Thanks,
    Bob, from my experience it shouldn't be real important to have a perfect fit on the center hole since you're only using them for moving in & out of the trailer & shop. (I sure hope this isn't considered FRAM.)
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 0

Default db4 Wheel Bore and Hub Specs

Scott , thanks for the info.
    Yes a solution that will work and Chris Forrer (004-91's former owner) had occasion to use a similar setup. I'm using cast alloy motorcycle rims with a hub design that allows the 4 pins to locate between the cast spokes. I don't have to drill a bolt pattern. The pins are not in the way. All that is required is to bore the bike hub where the bike bearings were located and slide the wheel on. The rim is then true and supports the inboard load in the same manner that the regular wheel does. Outboard the spindle is located and supported in the normal manner with a captive washer and wheel nut in the bore of where the original bike bearings were located. If I get the clearances right there shouldn't be any wobble or excentricity. It's really a very simple solution. The trick is the clearance between hub and bore and that's why I'm looking for second opinions on dimensions.
    My measurements are: DB4 HUB (O.D.) 2.248" , RIM BORE (I.D.) 2.258" , CLEARANCE .010"
    Anybody?
    DB4 004-9

Thread Information