"If you can't imitate him, don't copy him."

"Baseball is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical."

"You can observe a lot by watching."

"In baseball, you don't know nothing."

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

"It's like deja vu all over again."

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

"I usually take a two-hour nap, from one o'clock to four."

"If the people don't want to come out to the park, nobody's going to stop them."

"Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel."

"Think! How the hell are you gonna think and hit at the same time?"

"I didn't really say everything I said."

"Bill Dickey is learning me his experience."

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going because you might not get there."

"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."

"Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded."

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did."

"I think Little League is wonderful. It keeps the kids out of the house."

"Little League Baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets."

"It gets late early out there."

"He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious."

When asked if the fans that ran naked on the field were men or women: "I don't know. They had bags over their heads."

On Yogi Berra Appreciation Day in St. Louis, 1947: "I want to thank you for making this day necessary."

On the American League situation: "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."

After receiving a check made out to "Bearer" for his appearance on Jack Buck's
    pregame show in St. Louis: "How long have you known me, Jack? And you still don't know how to spell my name."

Asked if first baseman Don Mattingly had exceeded his expectations this season: "I'd say he's done more than that."

On the aquisition of fleet Ricky Henderson: "He can run anytime he wants. I'm giving him the red light."

On a fancy White House dinner he attended: "It was hard to have a conversation with anyone, there were so many people talking."

Reminiscing during a TV interview about New York Yankee battery mate Don Larsen's perfect game in the 1956 World Series: "It's never happened in the World Series competition, and it still hasn't."

On Sandy Koufax during the 1963 World Series. Koufax's record during the regular season was 25-5: "I don't see how he lost five games during the season."

"You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left."

"The game isn't over until it's over."

"You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise, they won't come to yours."

Yogi's wife Carmen: "Yogi, you are from St. Louis, we live in New Jersey, and you played ball in New York. If you go before I do, where would you like me to have you buried?" Yogi: "Surprise me."

"It ain't the heat, it's the humility."

"I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"

"The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase."

When told by the New York mayor's wife that he looked cool in his new summer suit, Yogi said, "You don't look so hot yourself."

"I always thought that record would stand until it was broken."

Dining at an Italian restaurant, a waitress asked Berra how many slices she should cut his pizza. He replied, "You better make it 4, I don't think I could eat 8."

"We made too many wrong mistakes."

V/r

Iverson

Liked: 447

Reminds me of these...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Thread Information