Liked: 20

Default Northeast Formula Vee

Northeast Formula Vee http://nefv.org

I would like to take a moment to introduce the Northeast Formula Vee web site. In the Northeast US, we have been working on promoting the class more heavily over the past few years to help interested racers to learn about and hopefully join Formula Vee.

We have created NEFV, which is NorthEast Formula Vee drivers association of USA and our charter is to promote FV racing in the greater Northeast US. We have begun promoting the class by building this web site, having booths at car shows where we bring a Vee, hand out pamphlets and business cards, show promotional videos and slideshows, and talk with people. It has been a lot of fun.

This web site is the central focus, where prospective racers can come to learn more about the car and the class, what FV racing is like and is all about, what it’s like to be part of FV, but primarily how to get started and who prospective racers can contact and talk with.

Although the list of Contacts folks and web site concentration is for racing FV in the northeast, there is a lot of information relevant for potential racers in any part of the US. We hope this site will benefit FV racing across the country.

The site provides some key contact people located in different places of the northeast in case a prospective racer has questions, wants meet someone and possibly see a car in person, or hang out and go see a race to see what FV racing is about.

The site not only is for promotion, but is also intended to help new drivers and the Northeast drivers to stay connected with a Calendar and by posting Events. It’s also a great and hopefully entertaining place to visit for any FV racer.

We have a great Drivers page with many of the northeast drivers listed. (If you’re not on there and are a driver in the greater northeast, no matter what region you’re in, please contact me. We would love to add you to the driver page. We really don’t have boundaries.)

We have a calendar page so people can see what is going on, like the upcoming annual Racer Expo that NEFV is attending to promote FV. We also have pictures from past events and shows, like our annual VeeFest celebration that each year attracts many FVs to come race together at an SCCA event. This has been a great success for us each year.

We would also like to say that the promotional activities we have started in the NE have been working. After one year of NEFV attending two shows we have several new drivers in the NE as a direct result. We urge other FV regions to try the same, and we’d be happy to help out by telling you what we’ve done.

Lastly, if anyone has any content they would like us to add (or change), please let us know. We want the site to be informative and helpful to the FV class in general.

Please come visit the site, enjoy it, and spread the word.

Thank you
    Northeast Formula Vee
    Mark Filip

Contributing Member
    Liked: 79

This is awesome Mark. Nice job!

Let's get some more of the NEDV FV racers to send their favorite pics to Mark.
    There are still lots of folks from NJ, PA, MD and the rest of the North East Division that we haven't received images from.
    This is an excellent site for new prospective racers to get info and see how well attended the division is and may even attract some established racers to jump classes! Some of those SM guys must be tired of pushing around a 2000 pound car and fixing dented body work.

AP

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4361

Nice job mark!
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 20

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    Nice job mark!

Thanks but I can not take credit for this alone, I built the site but with help from many others as I'm no web designer. NEFV may have been started and created by a small group but this in no way a site for just that small group it is for everyone! With any luck we can continue to add new drivers back into Formula Vee.

Tonight I added our pamphlet in PDF format for download. We have handed these out at the shows. Feel free to print some out.

As Andy said please send me your photos if you want to be added to the drivers page I know many people are missing. The Northeast is pretty large and there are a lot of FVs.

Also wanted to point out we have a forum section now under independent racing organizations.
    Mark Filip

Contributing Member
    Liked: 83

Mark,

Thanks for putting this together. It's very impressive. It's great to see folks across the greater Northeast represented on the driver's page.

I saw that NEFV got its own forum site on ApexSpeed. That should help greatly with arrangements and organization for this year's VeeFest celebration. Do we have a date for that, yet?

John

Thread Information