Liked: 42

Default Offseason Thread

Who's excited for 2014? More races, more teams, more cars.

For those not keeping up
    - New teams from Chastain Motorsports, Team Pelfrey and Exclusive Management (new Spectrum importers). Mygale, Mygale, Spectrum.
    - HP-Tech has FF cars (Spectrum[s])
    - Seven race weekends
    - General level of awesome racing!

What else is cooking out there?

Liked: 159

Default I am!

I am a bit ahead of schedule in the attempt to fix my overheating woes and to get 50 pounds out of the car. I might not make race weekend #1, but I plan to be at all of the rest. If things go well I will make Atlanta as well. Yeah!

I love the series, the single class running and the fact that you get to run with teams that work so hard (driver included!!) that someone will break the track record every time there is a dry race. I will be there to try my best and my goal is to finish in the top half of the timesheet.

Cannot wait!

Steve

Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Default 2014

A new Spectrum is finally in the shop, getting ready to run the full 2014 season. A little delayed arriving as it sat in US Customs for 10 days while they tried to collect $2500 duty. Car was released with no duty after convincing them that the Free Trade Agreement with Au was still in force. See you all RA.

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Scanlan View Post
    A new Spectrum is finally in the shop, getting ready to run the full 2014 season. A little delayed arriving as it sat in US Customs for 10 days while they tried to collect $2500 duty. Car was released with no duty after convincing them that the Free Trade Agreement with Au was still in force. See you all RA.
    Without the Cape's running the series & now EM being the importer/distributor of the Spectrums, will there be at track support as the Cape's did last year? EM/EA runs in Canada as well & many of the events are on competiting weekends so that is why I am asking. I am guessing they will run a full F1600 US Series schedule but that hasn't been made clear as of yet.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 0

Default Spectrum

Exclusive Management Inc. will have Spectrum parts and technical support available for all Spectrum customers at all F1600 Championship Series and F2000 Championship Series events.

We will be in touch with all current Spectrum customers within the next week.

If anyone has any questions please contact EM Inc. directly at kimberly@exclusivemanagementinc.com

Liked: 146

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Scanlan View Post
    I wish I knew how to make the FTA work in my favour. I still have to pay Duty on stuff I buy from the US.

Liked: 1880

The shipper needs to include the FTA paperwork with the shipment, and the importer needs to be prepared to justify its duty-free status. Some items are still not duty-free, but all trade between the US and Australia will be come 2015.

http://www.dfat.gov.au/fta/ausfta/

Thread Information