Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 22

Long weekend races are no good for this race team, aside from Mid Ohio in July. Where is everybody? This series idea needs more input from rocker car owners!

FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!

Corey
    Corey Collins

Liked: 2

Westroc
    What weekends are good for you besides July 1-2 Mid OHIO ??
    Lee

Liked: 12

Corey,

Drop me a line at my office today! 519-624-2003

RH - FCM
    Last edited by Rob Howden; 12.27.05 at 11:11 PM.
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

GM., June 9-10, Mid ohio July 1-2, ABJ., July 29-30, mid ohio Sept. 9-10, NL., Sept 23-24.

[size=2] Rob, i can't seem to get through to you on your phone. I'll be home until 9:00 tonight. 519-250-4157.[/size]

[size=2] Great Day EH![/size]
    [size=2] [/size]
    [size=2] Corey[/size]
    Corey Collins

Try again Wednesday, Corey. I made a mistake with my number. Used the edited one from above. I should be in the office all day tomorrow.

RH - HCI
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Liked: 3

Default Cen Div CFC

We have a 1990 Van Diemen CFC running out of our shop. We have several FF and CFF that run the East West Challenge. If you piggyback with the EWC weekends and there will be a good chance that our CFC will be there.

Cindy

Our tenitive weekends are as follows, June 9-10 Gingerman, July 1-2 Mid Ohio, July 29-30 Autobahn Joliet, Sept. 23-24 Nelsons. We are still trying to involve more drivers in this disscusion to finalize our shedule. Unfortunately, I think only two weekends match the EWC. Thank you for your interest, we will have something solid in the coming weeks.

GREAT DAY EH!

COREY
    Corey Collins

Liked: 447

Blackhawk and/or Road America should be added to balance out the guys who can't make it that far out to Nelson then the lowest event scored should be dropped.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Lowest event scored dropped, definetly. We have left out Road America to attract drivers from KTY, TEN, PEN, NY,etc. RA is along tow for the majority of the drivers I have spoken with. It seems most CFC drivers interested are from MI, OHIO, and ONT. Do you have a guess as to how many active CFC there are from IND, ILL, and WIS. We need their input since Blackhawk and IRP will also be considerd.

GREAT DAY EH!

COREY
    Corey Collins

Rob, I will call you tomorrow.

Thanks, Corey
    Corey Collins

A lot of CFC guys I have talked to do not want to tow thru Chicago and on up to Road America.So to put a date up there we need cars that want that track and show up.If they are there then some one please tell them what is going on and see if they want to get in on it!!! They need to do it SOON.
    AS OF NOW WE ARE LOOKING AT---

1)June 10-11 Gingerman
    2)July 1-2 Mid-Ohio
    3)July 29-30 Autobahn
    4)Sept. 9-10 Mid-Ohio Maybe
    5)Sept. 23-24 Nelson Ledges

The 3 Ohio Race weekends helps pull from the Northeast-Div. and Southeast-Div.
    best 3 out of 4 or 5 points race weekends counts.
    Lee
    PS. we need more input as to what drivers from where and what weekends they want to run!!??

Liked: 9

You'll probably get the same response from those west of Chicago. I wouldn't participate in an East Series. Say you had 4 races, two east of Chicago and two west, that may appeal to me more. 1 at Blackhawk Farms, 1 at Road America, 1 at Mid-Ohio, and 1 at Gingerman perhaps.
    Currently Without Car

Grattan should also be thrown in there instead of doing Mid-O twice.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 6

I should be able to make the Nelson race and maybe Mid-Ohio, but I am booked elsewhere for the fourth of July weekend.
    Anything is possible, until it is proven impossible.

Hi Mike
    We would love to have you and you other Northeast CFC friends!! The reason for Nelson and maybe a 2nd Mid -Ohio is for pulling from the northeast and southeast.
    The Cen-div.area 5 regional series only had 6 driff drivers 1 from Cincy reg. last year most from 1 race was 5 cars at the first double at RA.They had 4 cars at the 2nd RA.So maybe we should be going to RA.instead of Autobahn??there was 26 FC cars I wonder how many were 95 ans older?? 6 in one group and 26 seems a little one sided.

Brad are there more CFC cars in area 5 but just not running or??
    We will need to change the rules in cendiv to let 95 and older cars into CFC for 2007in Cen-Div (area 4) like the Northeast and Southeast Div.

We are just trying to get cars to show up and see what we can build on from there. We need more input even from ALL OF THE OHIO VALLEY REGION,western New York,Pa. ,
    Lets see some dialog
    Lee

Liked: 9

I know of 4 others besides mine for sure. Beyond that, ya got me.
    Currently Without Car

Tentively, on Jan.28/06, 1:00pm, several CFC drivers will be meeting at Kieth Avrill's shop in Madison Heights Mi. His shop is located just north of Detroit right off I-75. If you are in the area, please stop bye.

[size=2]I've spoken with R.Howden and come up with a name and title sponsor. Tell me what you think,[/size]

[size=2]GREAT LAKES FC/CFC CHAMPIONSHIP powered by eformulacarnews.com[/size]

[size=2]Rob has offerd us a dedicated home page on [/size][size=2]http://www.eformulacarnews.com[/size]
    [size=2]and championship coverge in Formula Car Magazine.[/size]

[size=2]tenitive shedule,[/size]
    [size=2]May 27-28 Gratten[/size]
    [size=2]July 1-2 Mid Ohio[/size]
    [size=2]July 29-30 Autobahn[/size]
    [size=2]Sept. 23-24 Nelson Ledges[/size]
    Last edited by Westroc #19; 01.02.06 at 9:17 PM.
    Corey Collins

Is there any reason why it's only for CFC and not to include FC? The EWC has both with separate classifications. Half or more races may be Regionals next year for us and it would definitely sway my decision to attend certain races if we were included. I would only attend a single Mid-O race though and I probably wouldn't make the haul for Nelson. It may be worth a poll to see which tracks people would want to run at out of Road America, Blackhawk, Autobahn, Gingerman, Grattan, MidO, and Nelson.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 1

Default Great Lakes CFC Championship

Corey,

Count me in for the meeting at Averills shop on the 28th - I have talked with Steve Myers (Reynard 88SF) who will check his schedule and we are going to contact Paul Burke (Swift SE-3), Bruce McDonald (Reynard 88SF), Dave Rock (Reynard 89SF) and Terry Heffelfinger (Reynard 84SF) to see if we can get them to the shop

The Crossle 63F-1 will still probably be in Keith's shop with me working on it.

David Keep

Crossle 63F-1 CFC #63

Keith et al,

It was my understanding that the series was going to be both FC and CFC. I'd much rather see it that way.

RH - EFCN
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Keith, if you could help spead the word to FC drivers there is no reason why we couldn't include a FC championship. Concerning RA, it's an exspensive trip for anyone south or east of the lake. I thought by using Autobahn and Grattan we could attract cars from the north while not scaring off drivers from the east and south.

Thanks,
    Corey
    Corey Collins

Hi Keith
    I love Road America But hate driving there witch I have to do on a regular basis working for Jim Kelley of Speedunlimited (on S2000s) . I could only find 4 or 5 CFCs running near there and only 2 that run more than 1 or 2 weekends.We have interest from some Northeast and a few southeast Guys for Nelson and Mid-Ohio.
    Maybe next year we will have 95s and older cars altogether in CFC and have enough to go to Road America..

I do Love Apexspeed!!!!
    I will put names in a hat from Who runs(CFC series)or wants my help!! the Mid-Ohio raceweekend and will help someone dial there car in on Saturday and help someone else on Sunday .
    I normally get $250 a day
    So I am donating a Sat. and a Sun. at Mid-Ohio. to the CFC Series.
    Lee

Ok, so maybe Road America is too long of a hike for anyone East of the lake. If this thing grows, maybe we could then include Blackhawk and Gingerman though. I can help spread the word once the series is more developed and we know what is going to be offered to the winners. That way it may bring some people in who normally wouldn't race.

ApexSpeed will offer a 50% advertising discount to sponsors of the series for their next future ad campaign and ApexSpeed will also host a free banner for the series itself. This info must be provided to us by the series manager and not the sponsor.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

More about this Meeting with Ken?? Sounds like we have a schedule and getting some sponsors !!!!!! Anyone can run you do not have to be fron Cen-Div !!
    Lee

I've started an official GREAT LAKES FC/CFC CHAMPIONSHIPS thread on FC Event news, info & results. Please direct all ques. and suggestions to the new thread. Thanks for all of the interest, this is going to be a great series.Great Day EH!

Corey Collins
    Corey Collins

Liked: 7

Default series

IRP has a double regional in may and again in october.
    I am in for the series. keep me informed. It would be way cool to have our own race group if numbers could be acceptable. FV has their own group at Blackhawk nationals thanks to Bob Lybarger and it was great not to run with f500 and ff.

Hvaw "89 Reynard, will travel!
    Johhny Reisert

Liked: 30

Ditto on the IRP track, it would be nice for the drivers in the 'southern' part of CENDIV to have an event a little closer. With all of the rules indecision in the SE, I think I'm going to run CENDIV this coming season.

DaveK
    89 Reynard-CFC

Default Schedule Confirmed?

Do we have a firm schedule for series yet?

DaveK

[size=2]Dave K.[/size]
    [size=2][/size]
    [size=2] We are meeting in Detroit this Sat. to confirm our 06 schedule. I'll see what everyone thinks about the Sept. 30 IRP weekend. We have based our tenitive schedule with southern racers in mind. Also, we wanted to piiggyback as many EWC FF/CFF series weekends to show host regions and track owners that we are able to attract enough formula cars for a all formula car weekend in 07. The confirmed schedule will be posted after Sat. meeting on the FC event news, info & results.[/size]
    Corey Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Westroc #19
    [size=2][/size]
    [size=2]"Also, we wanted to piiggyback as many EWC FF/CFF series weekends to show host regions and track owners that we are able to attract enough formula cars for a all formula car weekend in 07."[/size]

I would STRONGLY recommend this as well. It should be a priority if we want to have car counts where we want. Being so close in class, it would help those who crew for eachother's cars or run out of the same prep shop.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Keith, are you considering running this series?
    Corey Collins

Yes, I'm absolutely considering this series. Even if I don't make all the races to be competitive in the series, I would still make it a point to attent what I can if the car counts are good. If it brings in more than 3 or 4 FCs that have been showing at the Regionals that we attended last year. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but out of the races we ran last season, Grattan and Autobahn had the worst turnout for FCs (didn't run Mid-O, IRP, or Gingerman for Regionals). We ran Blackhawk regionals at the beginning and end of the season and we had 8-14 cars both events. I wish I could be there when the series is discussed, but other plans have me in Indiana this weekend.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 1

Just to repeat - A number of drivers are meeting at Keith Averills shop on Saturday the 28th at 1:00 PM.

[size=2]David Keep[/size]

Thanks all. We are definitely planning to do some of the races.

DaveK
    89 Reynard-CFC

Yes Virgina there is a GREAT !!! Lakes series for FC & CFC !!! Congats to Jim and Keith on their maiden Campionships!! I have been involved in racing since crewing on a USAC Indycar in 1977 and have had the most fun this year helping The WestRoc guys and other Great Lakes series drivers at Mid-Ohio.I think Corey Collins has done a GREAT !! Job!! If you are driving a FC or CFC and live anywhere near Ohio,Michigan,Indiana,Pa.or certain parts of Canada!!! this series is where it is AT!!!!
    It looks like maybe 5 raceweekends next year and probably all east of Chicago.Either Gingerman or Beaverun maybe both will be added. Sounds like maybe up to 15 CFCs and I hope some more FCs for next year!! 20 plus car fields look very possible!!

Here Is to a great winter and a Happy new season to everyone !!!!
    Lee

Default Schedules out yet ??

Someone should do this and maybe call it the Great Lakes Series !!
    How about 2014 !!! Would that be 7 Years now ??

Lee

Have a happy new Year and get those cars (garage queens) ready to race !!!
    Last edited by LAJ; 12.28.13 at 8:49 PM. Reason: Love Racing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information