Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Hi Gang,

Part of the Formula Car magazine crew will be making the treck down to Sebring.

Marc Miller and myself are planning to be there to do a feature story.

While I'm there I'll be photographing the formula car race groups, .. and shooting in the paddock.

Any team who would like a set of digital images, .. the style we shoot for Formula Car, .. on disc for the weekend please contact me to set it up. curtis@cboggs.com

$150 to shoot the week end, high quality digital images on CD, .. .. images on track & in your paddock. Email me with info, .. car numbers, car colors, class, trailer color, where you like to paddock. Payment will be due at the track and disc will be mailed within two weeks.

Need a minimum of four teams.

Curtis
    curtis@cboggs.com

[size="1"][ January 03, 2004, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Curtis Boggs ][/size]
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Liked: 142

cool. i'll be down tehre we will have like three cars. fc#13 andother FC and my FF. Look for eth cars withet A+ graphics logos on em!
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Hazlnut,

If you want to book this send me an e-mail and we'll discuss the details, ..

curtis@cboggs.com

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development

i'll be crewwing for doug kniffen for qualifying and race day BUT i'll be runngin my FF (hopefully) in one of the practice sesions. However i am planning on racing the the regional down at moroso the following week.

as for photos, no extra loot for photos. I'd LOVE to have some but figure i can spend the money more wisely at this poitn buying gear sets and so forth. Thi swill be my first weekend with the car so i am just begining to amass parts and spares.

if you wanna do a story ona newbie racer feel free to follow me around. I'm some new young (23) blood in FF. might make a decent story
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Hazel,
    The race at Moroso is not a complete regional. It is a National that will have vintage group. If you dont want to run the race then look at just running the test day. they are offered at both Sebring and Moroso. Seems like an awful lot of work to drag a car from NY to Florida and not run the race....

Curtis,
    I look forward to meeting you in person after having several phone conversations. I plan on pitting on the concrete near turn 16, far east end of the paddock. I'll be the guy in the FF racing t-shirts that your traveling companion sold...lol

John

Classifieds Super License andyllc's Avatar
    Liked: 201

Originally posted by John Robinson:
    Hazel,
    I plan on pitting on the concrete near turn 16, far east end of the paddock. I'll be the guy in the FF racing t-shirts that your traveling companion sold...lol

John
    Are they using the pro paddock this year?

John-

Good choice in apparel! [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll bring more if you want.

To everyone... I DID mention in the f2000 thread about this opportunity... if you have ever had a pro photog snap some pics of youi - royalty free... then you know $150 for the TEAM (not just one individual) is unbelievably cheap... my race team has spent $2K in one day with someone - and THAT was a deal...

I will be down there testing a FSCCA car - if you see me - please say "hi". I'll be in the Andersen Walko pits - donning the FormulaCar Magazine garb (and formula ford racing shirts too).

Marc Miller
    "Luck is when Opportunity meets Preparation"
    RaceDriver/Driver Coach
    Motorsport Enterprises Racing - www.GoTeamMER.com
    Marc's Fan site: http://www.themarcmillershow.com <-- Click it!

Just to be clear,

Team means one car, crew & driver, .. ..

But to make this happen, .. I need more people to sign up, .. or my master, .. the princess Wei, .. won't let me go.

Curtis
    http://www.cboggs.com
    Racing Flow Development

Andy,
    Yes they are using the 12 hr pits, typical for the long course.

John

Classifieds Super License andyllc's Avatar
    Liked: 201

Thats cool, I didnt know that cause they didnt last year. I think its better to use those than the other ones anyway. Good to hear although Im sad I wont be there, probably my favorite national of the year anywhere in the country. (Pgoenix double national is a close second)

i was goign down anyway to crew for my buddy who runs national races (there will be a northeast invastion, at least 5 northeast racers are making teh trek). I am also spendign teh rest of the month down in florida becasue a client wants me onsite for his ecommerce integration. And anotther of my clients will aheva setup at eth miami boat show in february, so i'll prolly stay down for that as well. They actually pay me to hang out on a yacht all day

so how will the regional at moroso work? Just a bunch of vintage cars runngin for ****s and giggles? That is actually perfect this will be my first weekend runngin this car and my first time running with the scca. I've run all my school and been to 10 national races crewwing but as for driving this will be a first.

Hazel,
    I dont think you can run your car in the vintage class. It would be best to check with the region.
    www.flregionscca.com

You might also want to check and see if they will allow you to do the test day with a novice permit. I am assuming that you dont have a regional license yet based on your comment about being the first race with SCCA. You will need to check with the track about the test days as the region has nothing to do with them.

John

Curtis:
    Just got my first issue of Formula Car-- The photos are unbelievable--You shooting for $150 is almost worth going to get my national license and making an apperance at Sebring

Don't pass this chance up to get one of the best motorsports photographers to shoot your car for dirt cheap

Well gang,

A few things changed, .. magazine assignment in Sebring got moved, .. .. a few rush jobs / fixes on cylinder heads, ..

I will not be making the treck to Sebring after all, .. bummer!!!!

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development

Thread Information