Liked: 1

Default predictive lap timer ?

Hi All.
    Need some advice/recommendations on predictive lap timers whats good and whats not so good.
    I guess I want something that is easy set up and accurate and a bonus would be if you are on a hot lap it would give you a green light and if on a slower lap it would show a red light, I have come across the aim solo unit that has the predictive lap display but you actually have to be looking at it whereas if you had the green/red system you could use your peripheral vision and still be looking down the road a bonus would be if you down lay video from the replay hd 1080 I have.
    So your experiences/advice please.

Trevor

Liked: 67

Best value right now in a small, easy to use package (plus it's a logger) is the AiM Solo.

Predictive lap timing, constantly updated, real-time. $399
    -Peter Krause
    1984 Tiga SC
    www.peterkrause.net
    "The Driver is the Greatest Performance Variable in the Racing Equation"

Liked: 531

AIM's predictive lap timer also does differential, so throughout the lap you can see how much ahead or behind you are from your best lap of the session. I have it in large numbers on my display and it is very easy to quickly glance down and see how I'm doing. It also serves as an in-car coach, since I know if I made up time "in that last corner" or the brake zone or with a better exit speed.

Liked: 67

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    AIM's predictive lap timer also does differential, so throughout the lap you can see how much ahead or behind you are from your best lap of the session. I have it in large numbers on my display and it is very easy to quickly glance down and see how I'm doing. It also serves as an in-car coach, since I know if I made up time "in that last corner" or the brake zone or with a better exit speed.
    Yes! The +/- in big numbers is the best report card available!
    -Peter Krause
    1984 Tiga SC
    www.peterkrause.net
    "The Driver is the Greatest Performance Variable in the Racing Equation"

Thread Information