Thread: Raven FA - SOLD

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

For Sale Raven FA - SOLD

Unique Atlantic for sale.

I've very sad, especially with all the effort I went to getting it sorted and instrumented, but the ergonomics don't match my physique. I don't have the budget or time to run someone else in the car.

If you don't properly fit in an Atlantic, driving it is like shaving a bobcat's butt in a phone booth.

Pictures of the car and spares at www.zentekno.com/Raven

Description I put on a (commissioned, unlike here) sales site: "Jim Griffith designed this car for Raven Cars and the Pro Atlantic series in 1993. It is a carbon fibre tub with big tunnels and fully modern features. The tub was recently thoroughly gone through by Ludwig Heimrath Jr.'s composites shop, and is very solid. The fuel cell was serviced and a new fuel pump installed. A tube frame engine cradle was designed and built to replace the carbon fibre cradle (included). New wiring harnesses in most areas. The car is fuel injected with a low mileage Loyning engine, Pectel T6 ECU. Paired with the ECU and sensors is an AiM MXL Pista data system. The H-pattern gearbox was serviced and jig-set and shifts easily. Many spares included, including undertray, side pods, front nose/wing, suspension, and smaller aero and mechanical parts."

Asking 25K
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 11.05.13 at 6:50 AM. Reason: new price

Liked: 24

Sweet car and a very beautiful paint job.

Contributing Member quartzracer's Avatar
    Liked: 5

Default Tub

Any photos of the new tube frame craddle and tub repair?

Eric

Contributing Member

Good point, it would show the care that went into it. I'll put those up tonight.

Contributing Member quartzracer's Avatar
    Liked: 5

I heard through the grapevine that alot of work went into the tub and associated frame work making this the Raven to have.

Eric

Liked: 7

Default Raven

The car looks great Tim.... I am also interested in the craddle mods.
    J-Guy

Contributing Member

Life's gotten in the way... pics this weekend.

Liked: 273

Default Nice car

I've had the chance to work with Jim Griffith on machined parts for various atlantic cars and I have to say Griffith is a great designer.

Griffith is one of the more under rated designers in my opinion.

This is one of the slickest looking Atlantics to ever come along. In the right hands this could be a Nat Winner.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Contributing Member

Pics up, on the link at the top of the page. Some images of before the work and some of after. I don't believe I have done anything to alter the design vision of Jim. Happy to answer questions.

Liked: 7

Default Raven

Thanks for adding Pics Tim. Indeed the new craddle must make access a lot easier.
    J-Guy

Contributing Member

Spring early season bump. Can throw in two 13" Tecnomagesio wheel sets which are lighter than BBS.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1490

so, considering you don't fit, who could fit?

Height/wt, etc

Contributing Member

Well, I'm 185#, 6'0" with a 34" inseam and reasonably long arms. The issue for me is to get down as far as I'd like into the tub, my knees are touching the bulkhead.

I just moved the steering wheel back one notch so maybe I won't hit the dash switches anymore with my knuckles. That was more annoying than anything.

It's a narrow car (aero considerations for more tunnel volume) so my shoulders are up against the tub walls. There's not much room (for me) to wrestle the wheel.

I think someone with slightly shorter legs and maybe a little smaller overall would fit well.

Happy to take an "action picture" from the top down, if that helps anyone. For reference, a DB4 was impossible for me. If you fit in one, you'll fit in this.

Liked: 210

I've seen this car race several times and also see it in the D&D shop which was it's home during much of the work to bring it back to life was done. Trust me, it's far BETTER then the pictures. Just a gorgeous car on or off the racing surface.

Tim is a Vintage racer with SOVREN also. And, you know how they are about car prep Not a nick in any screw heads allowed.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 4

Default the black car

Ill buy it,if you shrink me down to 5.6, and 160, your bud, al

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 11

Quote Originally Posted by stohr racer View Post
    Ill buy it,if you shrink me down to 5.6, and 160, your bud, al
    I thought you said you were working out!

Contributing Member

Last price drop, I have a place to store it w/o additional cost or trouble.

New gearbox input shaft seal (pesky slow leak solved) and new clutch plates while I had the box off. Gear and engine oil changed.
    Last edited by timos; 05.31.13 at 2:09 PM. Reason: bump and more info

Liked: 2

Hi.
    I would like to know what gearbox is used and what kind of gears.
    Diff make please.
    When was it last raced.
    Is there anything that has to be done and race prepaired before racing.
    Parts for this car , is there a sourse or is this a one of.

Regards Gazza

Contributing Member

Gearbox is a Kevin Bowditch case (KB Racing, used in some other Euro single seaters) with standard readily available FT200 internals. Kevin is reachable through BRITs and has spares.

R&P is quite low miles from new. Diff is cam and pawl, Hewland as I recall.

Last raced 2010, I got busy with F5000 and other projects. May be raced again by me in a couple weeks to get it out there. It needs to have the setup re-checked before I do that. Tires are obviously not new.

As for parts, that depends. High wear stuff like gearbox internals and engine stuff is readily available. Electrical stuff is easy.

I have some spares and some takeoffs (i.e. patterns) of various brackets and a-arms and uprights and so on. Many vendors on this board were involved with the construction of the car and may still have parts and drawings and surely have other ways of getting it done.

If you are looking for Formula Mazda level of parts availability, that's not there. It's a bit like a collector car, in that sense.

There is a second car and spare tub in Montreal and he has the body molds and last I knew was willing to make body pieces.

Contributing Member

SOLD

Thanks Apexspeed! It went to a good home, and a place it will be used as intended.

Liked: 120

Glad to hear it Tim. Is it staying in the Northwest?

Contributing Member

Thank you.

Unfortunately not, but I think it's going to an even better venue. Probably shouldn't divulge more, in respect to the buyer.

Liked: 309

Beautiful car. I saw it last month when delivering some parts.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 1

Default Raven flies again

The Raven has landed in New Zealand and we ran it in a Classic meeting at the weekend. Car ran real well, better than mid-field among RT4's DB4's and Raynards. A lot of interest as you would expect. Looking forward to spending some time on the car and track!

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by garry64 View Post
    The Raven has landed in New Zealand and we ran it in a Classic meeting at the weekend. Car ran real well, better than mid-field among RT4's DB4's and Raynards. A lot of interest as you would expect. Looking forward to spending some time on the car and track!
    That is so fantastic, I am really thrilled it went to a good home. I have a bunch of historical and other data on it's way to you in the post.

Thread Information