Thread: Shock question

Vancouver at heart but Adelaide is where you'll find me
    Liked: 16

Default Shock question

I currently have a set of Monroe shocks on a Formula Atlantic car but have been offered a set of used adjustable Koni's
    The question is considering the rear extended length is short by 3/4" can I use a longer eye to get the same length as it is only such a short length
    Or does this effect the droop length too much

Liked: 1412

I am assuming that you have an outboard suspension car, shocks attach to the frame and the upright or suspension directly.

Extending the tops is not an issue, There are shock installations that have extensions of lots of inches. You do need to make sure that the stroke is close to what you have now.

As a starting point, you do not need more than an inch of droop. Meaning that from loaded the wheels will only drop 1 inch when the car is jacked up.

Most vintage type cars relied on bump stops to keep the cars out of the ground. My suggestion is to have enough bump stop so that the car will be supported by the bump stops at ground level. That means you can push the car with just the bump stops supporting the car.

Thread Information