Liked: 0

Default Have Telemetry Data to spare? Writing Educational Articles

Hi guys, first thread here. Hope this isn't in the wrong place.

I was wondering if anyone has readable Telemetry Data to spare, in formats such as TXT or CSV that can be brought in to something like Matlab or Excel? I am writing articles on Applied Math to help students that believe what they're taught, which is that math is pointless and boring. My most recent article made use of an image of F1 Telemetry Data, and I realized this had the potential to be an excellent source of Telemetry Data for new articles. I'll post the article I made using the F1 Telemetry Data here (picture links to article).

I have a list of mathematical methods, and real life examples here.

I'd really appreciate the data. My goal is to show people struggling with math that there are cool real life uses for it. It doesn't get much cooler than race cars, let alone something they could literally buy and race one day. I can give you full credit, or full privacy. It's my opinion that the US isn't producing enough quality Engineers, and this is one thing I can do to try to help the situation rather than just watch it happen or complain. I think Telemetry Data, especially with video, can help make a small difference. Anyway, that's my goal.

Thanks a bunch.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 102

I have a bunch that I will share. Shoot me an email at matt@trailbrake.net and I can email them over to you.

Thanks a bunch! Message sent.

Liked: 49

Thanks for doing this, that's a great website!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Santos View Post
    Thanks for doing this, that's a great website!
    Glad you like it Tiago. I think it will get a lot better if a couple people I'm in initial contact with end up helping out.

Just an update. I now have AiM and Motec installed so it doesn't have to be Excel type data.

Thread Information