Thread: Race studio

Liked: 20

Default Race studio

I'm using a AIM data system with race studio. I'm a Mac user and have been for about 7 or 8 years as I was not thrilled with the problems I was having with PCs. Ever since I got my AIM system and a PC to run Race Studio I want to hang myself my computer life has been so enjoyable until I purchased this crap to run my system. I use it only for the data stuff, never online and nothing is installed except the $4 programs they install with the machine, it's slow, norton antivirus pops up every 5 min, system says there are updates to make run fast every time I use it and so on its a nightmare.

Anyways is there anyone running race studio on a Mac via software that enables you to run PC based programs and if so how does it work?
    Mark Filip

Contributing Member Chris Elwell's Avatar
    Liked: 58

Find a neighborhood teenager and give him $20 to turn all that stuff off. You can turn off the automatic check for updates and even delete the anti-virus if you never go online.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 102

You can run Parallels or Bootcamp and then run RS2. I don't do it, but know a number of people that do it without trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by romoman View Post
    You can run Parallels or Bootcamp and then run RS2. I don't do it, but know a number of people that do it without trouble.
    I have parallels already as I used it for quicken when I first switched to a Mac so I could still access my old records. Maybe ill try to run it on my desktop Mac first and see what's it like. If alls good it will give me a excuses to get a MacBook it would be awesome torun it on a iPad witch seems to be the only thing I used now.

Chris that's a good idea also I just don't have the it e or patience anymore to sit there for hours to figure it out
    Mark Filip

Liked: 111

I didn't have a ton a success with RaceStudio in Parallels 7 or 8 with Windows7. I seems to like to run better in BootCamp to Windows7.

So I use my Macbook, but in Windows mode through bootcamp.

Quote Originally Posted by iamuwere View Post
    I didn't have a ton a success with RaceStudio in Parallels 7 or 8 with Windows7. I seems to like to run better in BootCamp to Windows7.

So I use my Macbook, but in Windows mode through bootcamp.
    So you installed boot camp on the Mac then installed windows 7 then race studio correct? I think I only have a copy of windows 98 or what ever it was called back then
    Mark Filip

Liked: 111

Default VMware

Use Vmware Fusion.. way better than parallels or bootcamp. Simple, easy to setup. I run AIM software as well as other PC only programs on all my Mac machines with this software.. You can also migrate your current PC right to it if you want. (tho all the problem will come in as well)

Regards,
    Bob

http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/overview.html

Nice ill try that on my desktop and run with windows 98 and see how it works

Thanks
    Mark Filip

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Default Re: Race studio

You may want to find a Windows 7... XP seemed like their best shot at software... all I know is how to turn my pc on... my 13 year old solves all my computer problems He has dual operating systems, writes codes for gaming with his friends, etc... find a young teenager, they love showing off their computer skills !
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Thread Information