Liked: 1

For Sale 2012 Aprilia RSV4-R APRC Motor

Does anyone want to try one of these in a F1000?

FOR SALE: 2012 Aprilia RSV4-R APRC Motor.
    Mileage is unknown but from my research on the title and a thorough inspection of the bike, I estimate the mileage to be approximately 100 miles. The brake pads look brand new. The calipers have hardly any brake dust inside. And underneath the front fender, rear hugger, and lower fairings, I found hardly any road dirt. It was purchased new with 10 miles on 6-15-2012 and totaled by the insurance company for a bent frame at the head stock on 10-3-2012. The digital odometer was not functioning at that time and the key is broken but still can start the motor. The motor runs perfectly. The motor will be removed and comes with the fuel injection, throttle bodies, airbox, exhaust header, main wiring harness, ECU, dash, and ignition. $5,000 plus freight to your location. It will be secured inside a wooden crate on a pallet. Shipped 5 days ARO.

You can listen to the motor here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3FsK...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Slider996; 01.25.13 at 1:52 AM.

Liked: 14

cool little mill

i found these pics of the engine, slim design, 152lb dry

a write up on this marvel, http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/07/17...actory-engine/
    Last edited by JRMarchand; 06.15.13 at 12:24 AM.

Default Aprillia form factor

These are torque monsters - see the youtube rr bike ad piece - no voice overs, just pure bike heaven. Looked at one for a potential FB conversion - it was a no-go due to sprocket offset - couldn't make the silly thing fit in the space avail - gsxr was better fit. These are avail if you look, for much more reasonable price - be patient, search widely!

Here are some more good specs and info on the bike and motor.
    http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk...rilia-rsv4.php

Liked: 10

Default Chassis

Smitty;
    What chassis we you trying to fit this in?

Jimmy
    Jimmy Hanrahan
    jimh3063@yahoo.com

Liked: 43

Seems to me this being a narrow motor it should be easier to fit into a chassis. The sprocket offset still needs to clear the side of the rear tire on the motorcycle. Therefore if the Donor bike has similar size tire width to the GSXR it should fit. However the height of the counter shaft sprocket could conflict with frame members.

Liked: 0

Does anyone know if a BMW S1000RR motor has the correct offset and will meet the 2013 GCR for FB?
    This motor seems to be the best 1000cc sport bike motor available.

Default if the motor fits..

Hey Jimmy,
    Jay's early Novacar. too many mods required for me!.....had other ills to cure first, tempting, though....
    Smitty

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by AEA_Team_Lotus View Post
    Does anyone know if a BMW S1000RR motor has the correct offset and will meet the 2013 GCR for FB?
    This motor seems to be the best 1000cc sport bike motor available.
    unfortunately no one has been able to make the BMW work on the stock ECU, until that is overcome or the GCR is changed to allow open ECU's the BMW is not an option. Did you look at the new Kawi? I know that George Dean has seen some impressive numbers on the Dyno.

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Devins View Post
    unfortunately no one has been able to make the BMW work on the stock ECU, until that is overcome or the GCR is changed to allow open ECU's the BMW is not an option. Did you look at the new Kawi? I know that George Dean has seen some impressive numbers on the Dyno.
    Mike, just curious here, but do you know exactly what problems the BMW engine has that can't be resolved to make it work in a car?
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by formulasuper View Post
    Mike, just curious here, but do you know exactly what problems the BMW engine has that can't be resolved to make it work in a car?
    JRO And Wayne from Stohr would have specifics but I know that the engine kept going into limp mode if the ECU does not see all of the sensors. No mechanical failures as far as I know all electrical / programming.

Put you bids in. It's up for auction! http://www.ebay.com/itm/111121084194...84.m1555.l2649

Default BMW Kit ECU

Gents a good friend of mine runs BMW S1000 RRs in the Open Superbike class. They use " Factory BMW HP Kit ECUs" ( HP their new bike ) with far fewer restrictions. Has anyone trialled these. I can get my hands on one if needed.

Would this be legal?

Quote Originally Posted by johnspranger View Post
    Gents a good friend of mine runs BMW S1000 RRs in the Open Superbike class. They use " Factory BMW HP Kit ECUs" ( HP their new bike ) with far fewer restrictions. Has anyone trialled these. I can get my hands on one if needed.

Would this be legal?
    I here the FSRAC is looking at allowing an OPEN ECU rule for next year - I am in favor.

I need to pay closer attention but did FB make the same rule changes (vis a vis) engines that Prototype one and Prototype two did? In other words is the Aprilia RSV-4 R banned on the basis of its fly-by-wire throttle control system. For that matter is my 2009 R1 engine (which is also fly-by-wire) legal to run in FB? My current Cheetah which has much modified aero (which required an inboard pushrod rear suspension system) is no longer welcome in P1 or P2.

I'm assuming that I can still run it as an ASR and run within the P1 and P2 group but I am unsure as to my welcome and it would be good to know whether the engine could be run in FB.

I do think that banning potential engines on a basis of whether the throttle is controlled by the ecu through a step motor is short sighted and I wonder whether the secondary butterflies on the GSXR which opened (I believe) by the ecu violates the letter of the new regulations. We are likely to see more and more engines supplied with this sort of throttle control system. It is also my belief that the presence of a traction control system on some motorcycles equipped with these systems is the reason behind the ban.

Apparently little thought was given as to whether the parameters for traction control system on a two wheeled leaning vehicle has ANY application capability for a four wheeled.

Hasty Horn vehicle.

Liked: 126

My 2007/2008 R1 engines were throttle by wire as is my current ZX-10R. Since Mike B competed at the runons with the same Yamaha plant, I'm sure it is not an issue.

Liked: 713

Quote Originally Posted by HastyHorn View Post
    I need to pay closer attention but did FB make the same rule changes (vis a vis) engines that Prototype one and Prototype two did? In other words is the Aprilia RSV-4 R banned on the basis of its fly-by-wire throttle control system. For that matter is my 2009 R1 engine (which is also fly-by-wire) legal to run in FB? My current Cheetah which has much modified aero (which required an inboard pushrod rear suspension system) is no longer welcome in P1 or P2.
    There have been no rule changes in Formula 1000 so far and none dealing with fly-by-wire.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLav View Post
    My 2007/2008 R1 engines were throttle by wire as is my current ZX-10R. Since Mike B competed at the runons with the same Yamaha plant, I'm sure it is not an issue.
    I never competed at the Runoffs with my Yamaha-powered car, it was sold in favor of my current GSXR-powered car. However, I don't have any reason to believe it was (is) illegal.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Sorry Mike - missed the boat on that one!

The 2009 R1 is the first -fly-by-wire R1 produced (although they have all been that way since 2009). Thus any earlier R1 is still legal in P1/P2. Additionally, the new Prototype rules don't go into effect until next year.

Frankly, this Cheetah is currently running in Time Trials but it does run as a DSR and I'm sure that we'll be able to find a class within the Time Trials format that wil allow us to continue to run. I was hoping at some point to put a shoe in the cockpit at VIR just to see how it would stack up against a good Stohr. With the new aero it is running in the top 3 overall at the Time Trials and within one second of a very well developed Stohr. There's still some competitive life in an older Cheetah albeit with a lot of extensive (and expensive) development.

Glad to hear that FB hasn't adopted the new anti-fly by wire rules.

Hasty Horn

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Clarification from the Laverty Camp, please

Rob - What TB's do you have on your ZX10R that you say are not cable operated TB's?

Messed up again. You guys are right. I'll stop posting.

Thread Information