Liked: 0

Default Need good recommendation for a car hauler service

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good/reliable car hauler company (enclosed hauler) to take two race cars from New Orleans to Fayetteville, Arkansas? Our new shop is located about 10 hours from New Orleans. The cars need to be transported from New Orleans and arrive on July 3-5.

Thank you!

Craig
    Last edited by CHibbard; 06.13.13 at 10:00 PM. Reason: DATE CHANGE

Liked: 2

I've used uship.com a couple times with good results.
    You post the ad, haulers send bids, and you pick the transporter and price.

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

Craig, use the forum search function, this subject frequently comes up and just did last week.
    aaron

Liked: 10

I went with Reliable to ship the Stohr from Phoenix to St. Louis after waiting, and waiting (10+ days still no pick up) for a "brokered" deal to pick it up.

Cancelled the brokered arrangement, called Reliable (Wednesday) who picked it up the next day (Thursday) and had it to my home two days later.

Feff

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default Shipping

As a past auto transporter I believe uship and other boards can be a little "iffy" at times. They may tell you that they will pick up your car but if something more desirable comes up you are put on the back burner. Thus delayed or no pick up. It sometimes is not the broker but transporter themselves. I would suggest one of the bigger firms such as Reliable. Also insurance on some of the other carries can be questionable.

Liked: 7

Default Car Shipment

Just used this company to ship a FF from Florida to Arizona. Reasonable price, car was well cared-for, on-time and I was kept informed of progress all along the way.

Pacific Auto Delivery Inc.
    > Hank & Roman
    > 253-517-9596
    > 253-517-9596
    > 253-922-5189
    > pacificautodel@gmail.com

Liked: 444

Quote Originally Posted by apexssk View Post
    Just used this company to ship a FF from Florida to Arizona. Reasonable price, car was well cared-for, on-time and I was kept informed of progress all along the way.

Pacific Auto Delivery Inc.
    > Hank & Roman
    > 253-517-9596
    > 253-517-9596
    > 253-922-5189
    > pacificautodel@gmail.com
    I agree, they are easy to work with. I would use them again.

Liked: 123

Default Transport

All I can say is if you don't need access you your car for SEVERAL weeks, and you have money to throw away on repairs when your car finally shows up, the use Bats Motorsports.
    OTHERWISE.... Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.
    Don't let the picture of the modern, race transport truck picture on their website fool you. The truck that delivered my car was a rickety old ex-moving van, and they used 2X6's as ramps to move my car inside, and finally out of the truck. Unfortunately I was not there for the loading of the car on the east coast to document and photograph the car. When it came off of the truck I had several broken pieces of bodywork.
    Research, Research, Research !!
    Cheers

Liked: 444

Quote Originally Posted by captdigi View Post
    All I can say is if you don't need access you your car for SEVERAL weeks, and you have money to throw away on repairs when your car finally shows up, the use Bats Motorsports.
    OTHERWISE.... Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.
    Don't let the picture of the modern, race transport truck picture on their website fool you. The truck that delivered my car was a rickety old ex-moving van, and they used 2X6's as ramps to move my car inside, and finally out of the truck. Unfortunately I was not there for the loading of the car on the east coast to document and photograph the car. When it came off of the truck I had several broken pieces of bodywork.
    Research, Research, Research !!
    Cheers
    Pacific ?

Liked: 123

Default Transport

I'm not familiar with Pacific. After dealing wit Bats Motorsports (TERRIBLE!), friends recommended Intercity.

Thread Information