BOWMANVILLE, ONT., CAN. (May 19, 2002) –Bryan Sellers, of Centerville, Ohio won Round Four of the 2002 Formula Ford 2000 Zetec Championship season at Mosport International Raceway. Completing the top-three was Ricardo Imery, of Caracas, Venezuela and Jeffrey Jones, of Sarasota, Fla. Kip Meeks, of Grove City, Ohio, won the American Continental Championship class.

After racing late in the afternoon on Saturday, Sunday’s Round Four race was run under very cool conditions. On cold tires, Sellers, driving the No. 3 Yes Network/3 Dimensional Services/Arai Helmets/Sparco/Cape Motorsports Van Diemen Ford, got a great jump on the field at the green flag. While Sellers began to build a sizeable lead on the field, a battle developed for third place between Jones and No. 86 Brumbaugh. On Lap seven, Jones, in the No. 2 JCI Chemicals/Winchester Cape Motorsports Van Diemen Ford, passed Brumbaugh to take third position. Jones quickly began to close in on Imery, in the No 5 Cavenas/Venezolana de Ascensor Cape Motorsports Van Diemen Ford, as Sellers continued to build his lead. At the checkered flag, Sellers had captured the win ahead of his teammates by 8.017 seconds. Over the course of the weekend Sellers dominated, capturing both pole positions, leading every lap, posting the fasted lap in both races and winning both rounds of the doubleheader. Heading into the season’s first oval, Sellers leads the Zetec Championship by 25 points, 118-93.

“This has been an incredible weekend,” said Sellers. “You can’t win in this series without a good team behind you, so I’m really happy that Cape Motorsports got all three podium positions today. We will continue to prepare as best as we can for every race and hope we get the same results.”

“It’s great to get my first podium finish,” said Imery. “At the start I tried to stay calm and maintain my position. For the rest of the race I just ran consistent laps.”

“It was a pretty hard race,” said Jones. “Passing here is difficult, with all the high speed corners. After I got past Andy [Brumbaugh] I knew my chances getting past Ricardo [Imery] were pretty slim.”

“Two wins is a nice way to start my pro career,” said Meeks. “I got pretty close to the old lap record, so I’m looking forward to racing against some other ACC drivers in the future.”

Completing the top-five was JW Urlin, of London, Ont., Can., with a career best finish and Tom Dyer, of San Rafael, Calif., who finished fourth in race one.