Liked: 2

Default Wtb: S2000 roller

Looking for a very reasonably priced rolling S2000. Would prefer that all the bits and pieces be there. Must have a workable body as well. Must have, or be SCCA eligibility. Please pm with price and a few telling photos.

Thanks in advance for all replies!

John

Liked: 1432

What do you consider reasonably priced? S2000's are not inexpensive cars by any means. Do you plan on vintage racing or Regional/Nationals?

Thanks Reid. I'm well aware that S2000's are for the most part kind of pricey. I'm hoping someone has late 80's or early 90's s2000 roller collecting dust somewhere. Also hoping that they see it for what it is; a 25 year old+, uncompetitive race car that does not have the mystique of being a former championship car driven by Juan Fangio himself. I'm looking for a ratty assed car I can massage and plop a 2ltr ferd race motor in and drive the livin' piss out of it in a few regional races during the summer... That's all....

Ahh ok, gotcha. Have you tried over on the sports racer forum?

http://dsrforum.yuku.com/ I think there are some S2000 guys on there.

Thanks Reid...I shall check it out!

Liked: 282

This would be the place to look.
    http://s2racing.yuku.com/

Thanks again Fred and Reid...very helpful indeed!
    Side note; when in the Sam hell did it become cheaper to buy a CSR/DSR than a S2000? Guess I've been away too long!!! Such is life....
    Thanks again Guys....

John

That is kind of what I was getting at. S2000 had gotten very big in vintage racing. I've seen 20 car fields at Road America regularly. Seems they have found a calling there. Great cars, and they sure are a blast tor drive.

I hate it when historians get involved...

Haha. What is a turd worth? Bury it, age it 2 million years...then what is it worth?

Now that's something I'd spend some money on.... Nothing like a two million yr old turd!!! I'll keep looking for a D/CSR...faster with larger scab/bruise potential!! Thanks again...

John, the "turd" searcher

Just so you don't end up with a turd.....

Not sure if you know, but D/CSR (and SR in general) class structure is being changed to SR1 (CSR like), SR2 (Flat bottom DSR, FB kind of things and S2000 somehow), and SR3 (SRF). I have not looked at the rules closely or recently, but if you are looking to buy one of those you may want to see what you will have to do to fit the new class structure. I am not an expert on this by any means, just a heads up if you are not aware.

Glanced at the rules...car I'm looking at is flat bottomed and compliant with SR2.... Thanks for the heads up!

Cool. Enjoy!

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Quote Originally Posted by John Zimmer View Post
    Thanks Reid. I'm well aware that S2000's are for the most part kind of pricey. I'm hoping someone has late 80's or early 90's s2000 roller collecting dust somewhere. Also hoping that they see it for what it is; a 25 year old+, uncompetitive race car that does not have the mystique of being a former championship car driven by Juan Fangio himself. I'm looking for a ratty assed car I can massage and plop a 2ltr ferd race motor in and drive the livin' piss out of it in a few regional races during the summer... That's all....
    I admire the cut of your jib, Sir!

Thread Information