Thread: EWC @ Mid-ohio

Liked: 19

1st off I would like to thank Steve for all his hard work all season, and he did'nt even race!
    2nd THANKS to all the sponsors
    3rd Great weekend Great weather! 21 cars and our own Race group
    sat Qual.
    1st FF Brian Graham 1:35:427
    2nd FF Jim Dietz 1:35:577
    3rd FF Gordy Good 1:36:504
    4th FF L. Hendrickson 1:37:041
    5th FF Brandon Abbott 1:37:675
    6th FF Dan Faust 1:37:871

1st CFF Dave Harmison 1:39:300
    2nd CFF Marc Blanc 1:39:776
    3rd CFF Wes Allen 1:40:798
    4th CFF Tom Tipsword 1:45:470

SAT RACE
    1st FF Graham 1:34:596
    2nd FF Dietz 1:35:811
    3rd FF Good 1:36:421
    4th FF Abbott 1:36:241
    5th FF Adams 1:37:396

1stCFF Harmison 1:41:578
    2nd CFF Tipsword 1:42:876
    3rd CFF Weyna 1:42:781
    4th CFF Morsch 1:45:949

sunday Qual.
    FF Graham 1:33:714
    FF Good 1:34:874
    FF Adams 1:35:219
    FF Abbott 1:35:613
    FF Nash 1:36:262

CFF Harmison 1:40:510
    CFF Tipsword 1:43:353
    CFF Kocher 1:44:985
    CFF Weyna 1:45:204

Sunday Race
    FF Graham 1:34:254
    FF Deitz 1:35:308
    FF Good 1:34:976
    FF Adams 1:35:219

CFF Harmison 1:41:103
    CFF Weyna 1:39:801
    CFF Tipsword 1:40.486

All in All it was a fun weekend Brandon DNF on lap 11 just as he caught Adams,Good,and Deitz thats to bad I would have liked to see the end results he turned 2nd Quickest Race lap with a 1:34.801. Got home and had to see what happened pulled the rear end out a sheard all the flywheel bolts! at least we can it back together for 2 more races. see ya at the races
    Terry
    Terry Abbott

2-Vector FV's
    1-SM Miata

Liked: 313

Ditto, well done to Steve Beeler for putting on a good series and well done for a weekend of good clean racing. Heres hoping that Marc Blanc and Wes Allen have shaken off any joint stiffness from the big shunt. Any chance of you guys getting them back together for the WOR games? I'm going to bust ass trying to get there.

Dave,what happened with the engine didnt sound to pretty,Good job to hangin onto the lead
    Terry
    Terry Abbott

2-Vector FV's
    1-SM Miata

Liked: 0

So, tell us more about "the big shunt".
    Craig Jones

I enjoyed my day at Mid-Ohio on Saturday. We had a nice field of cars and it was good to see everyone.

Many thanks again to Bill Bonow who recruited enough FVs for the race group to be split. This is a winnning strategy. We will be coordinating FF/CFF and FV recruiting efforts next season.

Based on the productive discussions Saturday evening, with a little help from the economy we have established a solid foundation for 2004. The EWC recruiting pool is now over 100 strong. Everyone understands why we must race on both sides of Lake Michigan for the EWC to be successful.

Could someone fax Sunday's qualifying and race results to (313)845-6117? Then I'll organize the series points and awards spreadsheet. Many thanks in advance.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 thebeelers@peoplepc.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

steve, there coming your way Terry
    Terry Abbott

2-Vector FV's
    1-SM Miata

Terry:

Thanks for faxing me the Saturday and Sunday race results. I also need the Sunday grid sheet. Again, the fax number is (313)845-6117. Many thanks in advance.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 thebeelers@peoplepc.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

Liked: 42

The big shunt,

uh, from what I remember, on lap 1, I followed Harmison trough T1 and T2, being closely followed by Wes Allen. I was surprised by the amount of stacking at the entrance to the keyhole. The stacking stabilized, though we were all very very close, and about as I should have rolled into the throttle at the entrance to the keyhole I hit the brakes. then bang.. BLAM... bang. Things were dark for a second during that, the only thing I thought was, I must be upsidedown. But I wasn't, but now Wes' car was stopped in front of mine. The "dark" period wasn't from being knocked out, nor being upside down, it was during the Merlyn "eclipse" of Wes going over my right rear, through the cockpit, and landing somewhere ahead of my left front. I was just partway down the hill, near the curb. All the wheels on, but my head hurt. I crawled out dazed. It seemed like the ambulance was there immediately, Wes and I got a ride to the med shack.

After answering some questions like who's the pres. and where are you, I was given three aspirin, an ice bag and released. I Felt like it was an early Sunday morning after drinking at Seibkins all nite.

I anxiously got back to the paddock to find the crew had driven the car back from tech/impound but unfortunately found it was more damaged than I thought. Besides the steering wheel being bent over with tire marks on it. The Roll bar had lots of rubber on it, and the body looks like Wes took a short cut through it. Also tire marks and one hard impact mark on the helmet.
    Amazingly most of the corners wernt bent much, but some structural damage along with the broken body work made it unfixable for Sunday, which was too bad, because I'm sure there was going to be another great CFF EWC show put on by Dave Wes and Myself.

Thanks to the corner workers, quick medical response, nice people in the med shack, and to all those that came by to see how I was doing. And thanks to those who called in the next days to make sure I was OK. I did check in at my clinic when I got home, the CT scan confirmed a mild concussion, and thankfully nothing more. The headache is about all gone now.

Who the hell was it that spun and caused this whole mess anyway?

Congrats to Dave for your first (and second) EWC win, wish I could have battled you for it. Good Job to Micheal Weyna on Sunday, coming from a poor qualifying spot to finish 2nd and set fast lap.

Even though it didn't end well, our first trip to Mid-Ohio was a lot of fun. I sure enjoyed all the laps I put in on Friday, as well as seeing our old and new friends at a different track.

Marc
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Thread Information