Liked: 1417

From the MC brass:

(On January 11th, 2001) the MC BOD approved the adoption of the AMB Transponder System. The AMB system is the most widely used transponder system in the US and is compatible with most other organizations that use transponders, including BMWCCA, many SCCA regions and others.

The use of transponders will become mandatory for the Labor Day event at Gingerman. Transponders will be used only for W2W.

At this time the subsidy program is not finalized. There have been several people who have stated a need to make a purchase as soon as possible as they plan on competing in events where transponders are required. For those people who have specific need to purchase ASAP please contact me direct at DBerndt761@aol.com. I will try to make arrangements for an early order.

The MC price for transponders is $260.00 for the direct wired unit and $292.00 for the rechargable. This is a $40 discount. We are working on the details of the subsidy program and hope to be able to offer a $100 subsidy to at least 200 members.

If you are a MC member and are planning on purchasing a transponder this year, please purchase through MC. We need to "sell" 200 transponders in order to get a significant discount from AMB on the hardware required for T&S.

The BOD also set up an ad hoc committee to develop implementation plans for the TP program. We will provide you more details as they become available. In the meantime if you have specific questions I will be glad to answer them as best I can.

I will be putting together an article for the Klaxon and will be glad to send a copy of the article to anyone who would like to see it before the Klaxon comes out.

Dave Berndt
    Chair
    Transponder Implementation Committee <<<

Liked: 0

We used these at the Phoenix Double and they were great. You get your times (all of them) and everyone elses times while you are in impound. They are available before you can get out of your car.

Thread Information