Thread: Cost of pro lic

Liked: 5

Default Cost of pro lic

ok on this form for credentials I need to send 80 dollars for scca membership.

http://f2000series.com/pdfs/F2000%20...pplication.pdf

then I fill out this for my lic

http://f2000series.com/pdfs/F2000%20...pplication.pdf

but don't see anything on it about the cost. Isn't it 160 or something? thanks

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

The license fee is inclusive in the series registration cost, $995 IIRC.
    aaron

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Aaron is correct, we, F2KCS, has made the decision to absorb the extra fee for a SCCA Pro Racing license BUT only for those registering for the series.
    So the regisration fee includes not just your guaranteed number at every event, participation in the points table, participation in any contingency programs we may have in place, but also the SCCA Pro Racing drivers license and hard card as well as virtually unlimited SCCA Pro Racing Crew Hard Cards.
    Part of our agreement with SCCA Pro is we can allow a driver limited participation on a SCCA National License but for any competitor running multiple F2KCS/F1600 Formula F weekends must register and get his or her Pro Racing ticket.
    The reasoning is as we go to different tracks there are on occasion local drivers who want to dip a toe in the water, so to speak, see how they like our program with an eye at a full season in the future, and to encourage these folks we didn't want to create a high financial hit to run just one weekend by requiring registration with its attendant fee in addition to the event entry fee.
    For anyone planning to race one F2KCS/F1600 Formula Fweekend they are certainly free to apply for and pay for an SCCA Pro Racing License, but we will only have full season, or at least multiple weekends, Pro Racing licenses included in our program, ie, those that have registered with us.
    Regarding licensing, one can run Regional races on a Pro Racing license but not a National/Major. To run in Nationals/Majorsone must have a valid SCCA National Competition License. To run a season with us one is not required to have a Club Racing National License but must be a member of SCCA and have a Pro Racing License.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Default License (to steal?)

Re: Regarding licensing, one can run Regional races on a Pro Racing license but not a National/Major.

SCCA achieves a new LOW in member service. This is just too dumb.

Liked: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Maisey View Post
    Re: Regarding licensing, one can run Regional races on a Pro Racing license but not a National/Major.

SCCA achieves a new LOW in member service. This is just too dumb.
    Sounds like a good opportunity to write a letter to the Board.
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Before blasting SCCA to much keep one thing in mind please.
    SCCA and SCCA Pro Racng are totally seperate and distinct companies.
    Pro is a wholly owned subsidery of SCCA Inc but is in fact a for profit corporation where SCCA Inc is a non-profit organization.
    In fact, in all my dealing with both Inc and Pro the two actually, at some real level, consider each other completely different and distinct sanctioning bodies.
    The point being the BoD of INC really has zero input in the business of Pro and vice versa.
    Obviously they are related by marriage but not by blood, if that makes even the slightest sense !
    The fact that INC allows an entrant to enter and run a Regional on a Pro Racing license is merely a courtesy extended, but INC and the Regions desire to keep Nationals/Majors totally distinct from Pro Racing may be motivated by multiple reasons which I am unaware of.
    And many involved with both agree that it is a ridiculous situation but there are legitimate reasons for this situation. No, I cannot explain because I truely don't really understand myself, but if anyone is at Vegas for the National Convention this weekend it would be a good time to do some investigation.
    Regardless, the two entities operate totally seperately from one another aside from sharing the Topeka building.

Liked: 112

Just trying to renew licenses every year between regular SCCA and pro is a bit crazy. Seems like it should be so much easier...

Contributing Member
    Liked: 303

Default Simple

If SSCA want me to show up at any of their Major/Nationals. Make my Pro Licence acceptable. If not there are plenty of other groups that will accept it no problem. And there are more events available then I can do. No real problem for me, SCCA just limiting themselfs.

Ed

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4363

They, SCCA, always told us (Canadians), we needed a SCCA National License to run Nationals, was because of their point-scoring system. The National license was your ticket to the party.

I can understand that 30-40 years ago, it could have made it easier for the pointskeepers to keep track of the specific competitors that mattered in their system.

As they redo the whole Regional/National/Rational/Major racing format, one would think they can sort this out.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Default Still annoyed

My experience:

Last year a couple of weeks after the VIR Pro races, I showed up at Summit Point for the National. I was told that I did not have a valid driver’s license. “How can that be”, I said,” I’ve got a Pro License!” Not valid said registration. Who knew? Was there some fine print somewhere I missed?

The nice people at registration told me to come back the next morning (after Denver opened) and they would help me get a National license over the phone. I did so, taking several hours out of the practice/qualifying day and spending $$$ for license and “special handling” (another $125).

Are we having fun yet?

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    They, SCCA, always told us (Canadians), we needed a SCCA National License to run Nationals, was because of their point-scoring system. The National license was your ticket to the party.

I can understand that 30-40 years ago, it could have made it easier for the pointskeepers to keep track of the specific competitors that mattered in their system.

As they redo the whole Regional/National/Rational/Major racing format, one would think they can sort this out.
    To Greg's point about scoring, I've always seen the points scored by member number. I have no problem being a member of SCCA to run in SCCA races, and if I'm a member, I have a member number.

Along similar lines to acceptance of the SCCA Pro license, I've written a letter to the CRB to request that an FIA International C or FIA International B be accepted to race at an SCCA National. The GCR already states that if I hold one of these licenses I can request a National license (an pay the appropriate license fee). The point I made in my letter was that I currently needed two licenses: an SCCA license to race in Nationals and an FIA License to race **everywhere else in the world.**

To add to the entire confusion, the FIA International Sporting Regulations specify that you can only be issued an International license by the FIA representative in your country of citizenship or residence.

-Matt

Matt,
    The FIA rep from USA is, as you probably know, ACCUS, or Automobile Competition Committee of the United States, which includes SCCA, USAC, NHRA, NASCAR, IMSA, and crap I've forgotten who else, but ACCUS has the right to issue FIA Grade C Competition Licenses, google them, I don't even know where the ACCUS office is any more !
    It was in Chicago when it was run by Burdette [Burdy] Martin but he retired and Nick Craw was the man but maybe not anymore as he has risen throught the ranks of the FIA into some political position based out of Paris.
    The renewal deal is silly but as each sees themself as a distinct sanctioning body apparently SCCA Inc and SCCA Pro Racing don't see any need to coordinate their renewal schedules. With Pro on a calendar year renewal and INC [Club] on a date [month] of first joining it does seem un-necessarily confusing.
    As stated in an earlier post, both entities operate under their own Board of Directors, so letters to each board and to Danhert requesting making license renewals to be co-ordinated from one to the other might, MIGHT, actually some day be useful.
    But not likely anytime soon !
    Bill Maisey hit on the goofy situation where a Pro license won't work for a national and vice versa. And accordingly paid a high price to go race !

Liked: 0

Michael,

I was counting on SCCA being a member of ACCUS, which is a member of FIA, to help give my request some weight.

Being a Canadian myself, living in the Great White North, I want to buy one license and race with that license in Canada, the US, and Europe (if I win the lottery).

Maybe Greg and I (and the rest of us Canucks racing with SCCA) can finally buy one license.

If SCCA grants my request for Club, maybe I'll write a letter for Pro too.

If anyone wants to write a letter to the CRB and say "While you're including FIA licenses, include Pro licenses too" the letter I wrote is #10357.

-Matt

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

"An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 1

Default pro lisc

hmmmm in 2011 we raced the 1600 series got the pro lisc ,last year we raced in canada when we went to renew our lisc would not give us a pro ,only give us a national ? so if we need to get a pro will they refund us for there mistake or just a cash grab?

Thread Information