Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Default Spectating at COTA March 9 & 10

Can anyone tell me if we'll be able watch the races from the turn 15 grandstands ? & any info on getting into the track as a spectator ? We're new to SCCA this year & looking forward to watching & learning Before bringing our Reynard out to race... Thx for any info !
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 68

From the e-mail I got from the registrar earlier today:

"Although there is not a strict limit on how many crew you may bring you are strongly encouraged to keep it down to a reasonable number. The facility firmly prohibits “Spectators” however we permitted to bring in “Prospective Members”. These Prospective Members will arrive at Registration during Registration hours, sign a waiver, receive ‘cold’ credentials and information on SCCA. They will be able to tour the paddock area and watch the on-track activities.

Considering the size of the event we can register only crew persons listed on your entry. Please include full names and no general listings such as “XYZ Racing”."

Looks like you need to be a member and be listed as "crew" by an entrant or driver if you want to come out and watch....
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Well, Marshal... Perhaps that's to gain entry into the pits, paddock ? I've already booked a room in San Marcos. My son, gal-pal & I are heading South on the 7th. Anybody nee 'crew' ?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 4

Default COTA "Prospective Members"

Received from registrar

[SIZE=1]View Contact[/SIZE]To:tuataran710@att.net

Nope. They just come to Registration and tell us they are prospective members.

I certainly be a prospective member !!! Thx for the heads up !!! We'll be arriving in San Marcos Friday Evening. Will be at the track Early Sat morning I won't have my license 'til April @ Blackhawk farms, Then to Brainerd in May ! This will be an exhilarating first season ! Thx to all & Apex Speed !!!

Thread Information