Liked: 3

Default Winter Entertainment

Well it is a new year, which around the Maisey Racing garages means there MUST be some sort of new project in the garages...

For your entertainment value, I offer this winter, the Dan Carney owned Swift DB3...

Dan and I were college roommates (a few more years ago than either of us would like to admit) and my father and I got him started on this racing addiction shortly after our days at Virginia Tech.

This Swift DB3 has been languishing in Dan's garage for several years, and this winter, I (looking for a project to keep me out of trouble) decided to try an alternate tact to my usual "when are you going to build that Swift and come racing again" questioning. SO I offered to take the poor car in and do the assembly/rebuild/conversion work.

Work actually began a few weeks ago, but I have been a little slow setting up a new blog, organizing the pics etc...

BUT it is now online for your viewing pleasure. Please stop by, make some comments, offer advice, etcetera. So in the tradition of my previous blogs for my DSR, FB and Citation FF/Honda, here it is, enjoy...

Dan's Swift DB3 Blog

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Good deal Sean!! Get that car back on the track!

Ray

Liked: 96

Thank you for sharing!

I thought I saw your race car in the background of some of the photos, but no, it's an actual John Deere tractor!
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Liked: 9

Fun blog. I tried to comment but Google was unhappy with something. It's been almost 2 wks since last post. Are you making progress?
    Mark
    1990 Van Diemen, the Racing Machine, CM AutoX, 2016 Frontier
    You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser

Thread Information