Liked: 0

Default 1998 Ford V10 32ft Tioga Motorhome

Time to sell the motor home.

I've owned it for 5 years.

I've been successfully towing a 28ft pace trailer loaded with my Stohr, golf cart, 3 set of wheels/tires, fully loaded tool box, Honda 3000 generator, spare engine and various other spares/track necessities.

Tows great with load leveling bars.

Rear hitch totally re-enforced for towing an auto trailer.

The V10 is a great motor and this one has never given me any issues. Always on Mobil 1 synthetic in the engine AND transmission. Changed every spring.

Giant living room slide out. From bathroom wall all the way to drivers compartment.

Front tires are new this season. Rears couple seasons ago.

New shocks, front and rear, beginning of 2010.

K&N intake system.

Various little cosmetic flaws inside and out.

Awning works, but 1 latch is broken, maybe an hour of attention required.

Rear bumper has touched trailer.

Carpet has some stains.

Some wood trim needs some attention.

Mechanically sound.

2 TV's.

Fridge, oven, microwave etc.

Large water tanks.

Shower.

The usual.

Can sleep 2 in rear queen bed, 2 on upper bunk over driver compartment, 1 in dinette and 1 on folding down scissor coach. And then plenty of room on carpeted floor for more, due to giant living room slide out.

Basically the RV has been an outstanding tow vehicle for us and has seen some wear and tear with 6-7 crew members sharing it for 5 seasons. Needs a bit of TLC IF you want it to be like new again, otherwise a great RV and why I'm selling it for such a steal.

[SIZE=5]$12,500!!![/SIZE]

Ready for camping and/or towing.

Pictures here: http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/t...0RV/?start=all
    Lawrence Loshak
    '13 FB & HP National Champion
    '10 DSR National Champion
    '06 EP National Champion

Liked: 105

Default Best motor home for towing

Hi Guys,

I have been looking for a motor home and 24 foot enclosed trailer to carry a FF. most of the motor homes have a 3500 pound towing limit. I picked 24 feet because I think that is the shortest possible to carry a FF and a pit car. If you look at the attached post this MH is capable of pulling a 28 foot trailer with a full load which I am sure far exceeds 3500 pounds. Is the 3500 pound limit set by the manufacturer a very conservative figure? Or is the class C capable of a heavier load because it is a Ford truck chassis? Obviously trailer brakes are going to help but the long overhang on the MH cannot be good for the frame with the trailer pin load so far back. I have read most of the old trailer towing posts and while there are a lot of opinions I did not get a definitive answer. I guess I could buy the Ford Tioga MH like the one in the post and beef up the trailer hitch as he did.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Hartley

Thread Information