Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 679

Default Hijack and side step

1] I am confused about Homologation papers. My papers from my 1984 DB-1 look like the papers in the Swift lobby, but are dated 1984, which is earlier than the papers in Swift's posession. The others are dated much later. Can anyone explain why?

2] In consideration of the person selling this car, can we move the rest of the discussion to another thread? I, like many others, would like to know more of the history of this car, but I feel we are [have] hijacked a thread in a major way. Unless the seller appreciates the fact that this is popping up over and over, I'd suggest we move.

3] I think anyone who knows anything about FF history would agree that a DB-1, with frame modififications by Bruce and Gibby and a fresh rebuild, is certainly worth the asking price. I hope it sells to someone who will race it down south. I'd like to see what they did!
    Last edited by swiftdrivr; 12.08.12 at 2:45 PM.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 0

A close friend of mine, Mark Lamm and current co-driver running CMod nationally was on the Bruce May crew.. As we have traveled to many events I've greatly enjoyed the many stories of Bruce May and Mark's road racing days..

One story in particular may shed some light in this thread. Bruce after having enough incidents in the original 001 chassis, one of which was a complete rebuild of the front structure from the dash roll hoop forward, decided he should make a copy of the frame and shelf it.

The new frame was done by Pat Prince. Previously stated in this thread. At that time all of the components from the original frame went onto the Pat Prince frame with updates noted on the car(square below the roll hoop) listed in this ad. Bruce continued to race the "improved" chassis knowing the original was safe from harms way and would be worth something someday.

When Bruce died the original chassis was given to Gibby, and the car Bruce raced (car listed in this ad) was sold. Gibby over the years put the original together and is now at Swift.

I'll get with Mark to try to determine the year Pat Prince built the 2nd chassis. It appears to me from Neils pictures that Bruce continued to use his logbook up thru '97 but with the new chassis.

When did Bruce die? It appears to me the Logbook with the car listed (I see a date of Nov 2000) probably started when it was sold at the time of Bruce's death.
    Nick M.
    Driving - your car if you'll let me.

Liked: 319

Quote Originally Posted by Locked View Post
    When did Bruce die? It appears to me the Logbook with the car listed (I see a date of Nov 2000) probably started when it was sold at the time of Bruce's death.
    Late Spring or early Summer of 2000 if I recall.

Car is still for sale. Lots of interest but still available. If anyone is in town for PRI and would like to look at the car, it is located about an hour away.

Working on pictures of the air box.

Default Bump

Price updated to 21.5K without the new tires. Running out of floor space and now takes up my garage. This car would love to be on track in 2012!

New price 20K.

Car needs to go! Email for new lower price shandelle@v8roadsters.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information