Banned
    Liked: 2

Default 1992 Dallara-Opel F392/F394

A very clean car for its year. Has the upgraded 1994 front nose and wing assembly. I'll get some more pictures of the car with the nose on, it does come complete with it, just not in these pictures.

Dual front shocks, engine has gone through half its lifespan at 2,500 km's on it, will do 5,000 km's before rebuild is necessary. Great car for the money, only $21,000! More info and pics coming soon.

For Sale at $21,000 OBO

Reduced to $19,000 OBO

Reduced to $16,200 OBO
    Last edited by Canadian Formula 3 Championship; 01.30.13 at 5:00 PM.

Banned

Default More Pictures...

...a full carbon car for just $21,000 is an incredible price compared to what $21,000 gets you for any other formula car here in North America.

Banned

Default Price Reduction...

A very clean car, still For Sale at a reduced $19,000!!! An incredible price really for a full carbon monocoque chassis with a dual front damper system. Perfect for Formula Libre or SCCA Clubs.

Banned

Default Price Reduction...

Great little track-day car for $16,000...still with half its engine life, showroom kept, and very clean.

Liked: 384

That is a lot of car for 16k.
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

Banned
    Liked: 0

its actually a dallara 393 with 94 update nose wing
    yes $16k is around ?11k and VFM carbon car ideal for club racer but now out classed against 97 onwards cars in F3 racing
    393/4 is flat floor car
    post 94 cars are stepped floor

Banned

the owner tells me it's a 1992 car, and I think he would know since it's his car!

Banned

If its a 92 car then its 91/92 monococoque
    93/4 is different car and i cant see how he can fit 94 nose cone to the car wing he can make fit with some brackets
    at $16k its expensive can buy 91/2 cars for less than $12k

Banned

...yes, the 1992 nose looks very different, but if the mounting points are the same then it shouldn't be a problem, http://www.f3history.co.uk/Manufactu...ra/dallara.htm

12,000 GBP? or €12,000 EUR? or $12,000 USD? regardless, they are all good prices, let's find them and post them up.

Banned

$12k anything before 97 is uncompetitive in club land F3
    its ok if you set cut off at say pre 93 then people will run 88-92 dallara reynards ralts but F3 had different rules over different periods on wing width floors etc and very quickly cars become outdated and even in uk we had classes for the cars the numbers dwindle as people want the newest car they can get hence why the cars drop in value and only have desirability when a formula is created with specific rules with year end for cars

12 years ago ralt rt3 was GBP6k on the button ( not restored cars but runners) now they are restored and sell for over 30k as they are allowed into histories
    Ive seen rollers sell at 10-12k motors bought for 10k then the ca is stripped tub reskinned

CF3 needs to decide what is it going to be
    a free for all f3 run all era cars or be time specific for up n coming drivers with pre 08 cars

Logically it needs to be 1 make formula engine keep costs down
    IMHO you should have gone and bought 5 spanish 399-01 cars and 5 305/7 cars 3 spare engines 3 engine rebuild kits and given them away on a lease purchase race hire format to get 10 cars on the grid and ran them for 3 years
    Cheap cars to buy and run with engine support
    You could have had toyota canada involved and dragged in other co sponsors invited 2 old farts to race them and 1 racing for canada junior car deal offered as a prize to FFord 1600 2 litre canadian champs or passport holders

You will struggle to get the usa canadian guys to buy Euro cars for a series that is not yet running and has different engines with no support out there

Banned

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and their own approach, but your's is not feasible for this marketplace over here. No one is going to layout $500,000 of their own money, out of their own pocket to buy 10 racecars and rent out the seats to drivers, especially when there isn't any on-track insurance available in Canada anymore. Lloyds of London doesn't offer it to our underwriters now.

The last time someone attempted something like what you described was Chip Pankow at the Jim Russell school in Sonoma, California with the Lola "World Junior Car" (which is a Formula 3 car), and during his very first race, at the very first corner of Lap 1 he had a pile up of 7 or 8 cars smashing into each other and a big repair bill thereafter. I'm not going to repeat his dire mistake.

Banned

1 what has insurance go to do with things?
    when i drive a race car its bend it mend it!!
    Insurance is only of use if you have BIG shunt as the excess on the insurance is high as is the daily fee
    With regards to Jim Russell Lola event all i can say is WTF do u expect to happen with novice drivers who have no real track record of racing cars at lower formula level
    You need to work up to F3 car not step into one from karting or driving porsche street car

2 Whilst i do not deny its a "big ask" to have someone lay out a few zillion dollars to buy cars to run a series i want to know how you expect to get CF3 of the ground without the assistance of 10-15 individuals laying out $ to buy cars then find budgets to run them
    What about some prize fund on offer and $ in the PR dept and some series sponsor and circuits booked with set dates?
    I know of 2 c/ships that struggled to keep going because the organiser never had set dates and teams could not attract drivers and drivers could not attract sponsors

3 With regards to my idea not being feasible over there I am realistic in saying you will struggle to get individuals to invest in cars that have no berth elsewhere in usa/ Canadaland if CF3 does not get 4-5 races going with 10 cars on a grid and specific cars to run with a cut off dates so people can have some "protection" of their investment and not be outpaced by Mr Millionaire who buys little Johnny the newer car to defeat the great unwashed.
    after 3 years you can have the cars dropping down to Class B and teams or owner drivers up grade to a more expensive car

Australian F3 is in the mire due to new cars coming in and guys with older cars that cant sell them to up grade and leave the series and no real incentive to run them
    British f3 is struggling with low grids but UK f3 has the benefit now of 4 years of 2012 car in Class then a team can run the car in B class for 4 years so after 8 years its had a hard life but been effective to own and earn a living from

Banned

Default "Driftwood" doesn't Float on this Side of the Pond

Kevan McLurg...I am no longer conversing with you. Some of my British friends told me that you like to b*^tch and moan about all the different classes of formula racing in your own British home market, especially Formula 3.

And now you come across the pond to gripe and groan about formula racing here, and why are you here anyways? or was it because the administrators have kicked you off of all the UK motorsports websites there with your username driftwood.

Or maybe you are just mad at the Formula 3 community because no one in the MSVR F3 Cup wants to deal with you anymore in buying your old, used F3 parts. Nevertheless, your F3 parts won't sell here either, and you aren't going to rope me into any Sissy-Girl Cat Fights.

Thread Information