Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 78 VD

Liked: 6

Ric,
    Thanks for the great posting. I am very interested in talking to you about purchasing the car. I just sent you an email. Look foward to hearing from you.

Liked: 212

Quote Originally Posted by ric baribeault View Post
    Ambrose, the car is long gone and there's a beautiful 80 already in the garage. the '78 had to stay in NJ. Something about federal regulations against interstate toxic waste transportation.
    Sometimes it's hard to read the entire thread... car is sold... gone..
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Liked: 6

Thanks for the clarity. I wonder if I could find out who purchased the car. I am need of some spares for my 75VD and am wondering if some of the suspension pieces might be the same.

Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by ric baribeault View Post
    Ambrose, the car is long gone and there's a beautiful 80 already in the garage. the '78 had to stay in NJ. Something about federal regulations against interstate toxic waste transportation.

Now that's I nice car... Came close to buying one when I got started. At the time, there were 2 availaible at Formula Haus as well a a very heavily mutated '78. I did not buy it as I found the steering wheel way too low for my liking. Ended up buying Neils '85 instead.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 261

it's a pretty nice car. kevin firlein maintained it at one point and there is still a fair amount of residual quality from his prep. the owner also did a good job of maintaining it. it needs an engine rebuild and some minor odds and ends. will be at pocono in may with it.

Liked: 23

You never mentioned anything about there being toxic waste included in the deal!

Dunno if the parts are the same as an RF 75. I did get an email from Simon at URS a while back that all 78-80 are of the same "family". Updating and backdating is possible with most parts. Most cars are updated to the aero bodywork, later engine mounts and water system.

This thread just goes on, and on...
    Last edited by AlanVDW; 01.10.13 at 7:27 PM. Reason: add
    Van Diemen RF 79 #? Van Deimen RF 78 #231

It's not how fast you go.
    It's how well you go fast.

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 435

Ric, I have sent you a PM.
    Graham.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information