Thread: Sebring Major

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Default Sebring Major

Thank you to all the event organizers as the Sebring Major was a very well run event.

The schedule ran like clock work other then Sundays AM qualifying due to fog. At the drivers meeting we were asked as customers if we were ok canceling qualifying which everyone agreed to. We were asked & not told which is nice.

This seemed like a very well attended event & thank you to those who made it happen.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 8

Steve - so what was different from a usual national?
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Liked: 286

Well there was live timing & scoring for one. Also, there was a press release issued each day with a recap of the action, and a list of the class winners.

A few things could be improved --- In the press releases, I thought the lap times for the winners should have been included.

Also, the race-results for the live timing weren't updated (ie, if you were using Race Monitor to track the event). The qualifying sessions and and one or two race sessions showed up, but they could have made sure that all results were posted.

I think the Majors program is off to a good start.

Liked: 59

I agree! CFR and sponsors did a wonderful job. Especially considering the amount of incidents, protests, and even...Fog. Great turnout and some exciting racing! Kudos to the CFR!

Liked: 84

Someone just told me that even though I didn't race neither Saturday or Sunday I still get full credit towards qualifing for the runoffs because I drove in the Friday's qualifing sessions at Sebring. Is that true??

Liked: 202

If you got a qualifying time then you "turned a wheel" for the weekend, so assuming you didn't get a full refund you have one "Majors weekend" credit towards qualifying for a Runoffs invitation.
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by GT1Vette View Post
    If you got a qualifying time then you "turned a wheel" for the weekend, so assuming you didn't get a full refund you have one "Majors weekend" credit towards qualifying for a Runoffs invitation.
    Yes I have qualifying times for both Saturday and Sunday's races and didn't get a full refund. So do I only need two more qualfying sessions to get a Runoffs invitation?

Liked: 202

Participating in three Majors events (which is weekends, not races) is one path to the 2013 Runoffs. You get credit for a Majors event whether you break on the first lap of qualifying or if you lap the field and set a new World Record in both races (but obviously you'd get more points for winning).
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Thread Information