Liked: 0

Wanted To Buy Looking for Rental FE & Race Ready FE

After quite a bit of research, I have decided that the FE series is the best "next step" for me as a driver, team and car owner. I am looking for a rental that can give me some time to test the car out over the winter to finalize my decision.

In the interim I need to start searching for a well maintained FE with low hours on motor & trans along with spares and updates. I am located in the northeast (New York), and it is my intention to compete in this region. It would be best for me to see a car that is fairly local, but I am not afraid of flying to California to see a potential.

Unlike most tire kickers, I am certain this is happening, it is just a matter of timing. I am thoroughly impressed with the comeraderie that I see on the forums and with the competitors. I look forward to becoming part of the FE family.

If you have any information that would help me I would be most appreciative.

Liked: 120

Call Shawn Morrison at Motion Dynamics, he has a good used car for sale in NH.

Senior Member Franklin Futrelle's Avatar
    Liked: 6

Liked: 11

Talk to Patrick Linn. He has chassis 43 for sale and is not too far from you in Pittsburgh.

Hopefully see you at the track next season. Since this is your "next step", what have you been racing?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by FV07 View Post
    Talk to Patrick Linn. He has chassis 43 for sale and is not too far from you in Pittsburgh.

Hopefully see you at the track next season. Since this is your "next step", what have you been racing?

Jim
    Jim,
    I have been out of racing for several years since I purchased a new business in 2004. Prior to that I raced motocross (12 yrs), superbike (3 yrs), f125 go karts (4 yrs), barber FF (1 yr), and most recently I started cutting my teeth again in the Roos cars. I have always liked the "spec" aspects of the category, so I am looking to compete against drivers, not check books.

-BoB

Liked: 45

Quote Originally Posted by robertkroll View Post
    Jim,
    I have been out of racing for several years since I purchased a new business in 2004. Prior to that I raced motocross (12 yrs), superbike (3 yrs), f125 go karts (4 yrs), barber FF (1 yr), and most recently I started cutting my teeth again in the Roos cars. I have always liked the "spec" aspects of the category, so I am looking to compete against drivers, not check books.

-BoB
    Bob - you have a surprisingly similar resume and geographic location as Joe Sammut. He posts on this board every once and a while.

Welcome aboard! I love the car.

In addition to those mentinoed, you can try John Hagerman. www.hrace.com. Sean at Motion Dynamics and John at Hrace are the two "local" CSRs for the car. I know you can do an arrive & drive rental with John. I assume the same thing with Sean.

You can also buy a car brand new from SCCA Enterprises. That's what I did in '08, and haven't regretted it a bit. All the cars are now made at Elan Motorsports in Georgia. Same shop where they make the Van Diemen F2000 cars, the pro Star Mazda cars and the DP-08s.

Jon

Liked: 11

Bob,
    I also like the spec aspect of the class but maybe for different reasons. Gears, springs and shocks are fixed (and shocks just single adjustable) so no constantly needing to change gear ratios, springs or play with triple, four way adjustable shocks. Some consider that a disadvantage of the FE. To each, their own.

And in regards to the check books, there's always ways to have new tires, the latest update, data, scales etc. Thats just the nature of racing even in a spec class.

Hope you buy one and join us. The car is alot of fun, pretty reliable and fast.

Hope to see you at the track,

Jim

Liked: 9

Bob,
    This fall I went to a race to watch. The FE guys handed me the kool-aid. I slammed it down hard and bought FE #11 soon after. Like you, I've done tons of motocross and shifter karts, but racing a car like this is the coolest thing I've ever done.

My two-cents...don't waste your money on a rental; take a road trip to get the right car for you; and spend some time with a CSR to get set up and prepared correctly. Everyone is friendly and you will have a blast.

There is alot of information on this website to get you up to speed, and there are tons of good video clips. Attached is video from my first race at Road Atlanta last month if you are interested. Enjoy the adventure.
    Joe

http://youtu.be/C52Qcurb0K0

Liked: 2

Linky no worky...
    "Racing is an addiction that makes heroin seem like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Liked: 111

As I emailed before, my car will be listed here soon.

It is race ready and available for rent for the 2013 season. This car has won the Sprints, qualified at the front of the Runoffs and has multiple ProFE and USF2000/National podiums.

jim

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Reppert View Post
    Bob,
    This fall I went to a race to watch. The FE guys handed me the kool-aid. I slammed it down hard and bought FE #11 soon after. Like you, I've done tons of motocross and shifter karts, but racing a car like this is the coolest thing I've ever done.

My two-cents...don't waste your money on a rental; take a road trip to get the right car for you; and spend some time with a CSR to get set up and prepared correctly. Everyone is friendly and you will have a blast.

There is alot of information on this website to get you up to speed, and there are tons of good video clips. Attached is video from my first race at Road Atlanta last month if you are interested. Enjoy the adventure.
    Joe

http://youtu.be/C52Qcurb0K0
    Thanks Joe,
    I want to get into a rental asap to get some valuable seat time in the car. Preferrably under the watchful eye of a CSR like MD to give me some insight into car setup and expectations.

I have corresponded with several people who are selling cars, and they all look good to me. More importantly, I am impressed with the outpouring of information that isn't typically "normal" in the kinds of racing I have done in the past. So many guys have PM'd me and offered a lot more information that I could have expected.

I know I will find the right car & situation for this spring. The only thing is that I have to find some time with my busy work schedule to get it all together. Strange as it may sound, I have several sponsors in the stable and I don't have 4 wheels on the ground yet.

Looking forward to 2013 (now that I know the world isn't going to end today).

Regards,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by iamuwere View Post
    As I emailed before, my car will be listed here soon.

It is race ready and available for rent for the 2013 season. This car has won the Sprints, qualified at the front of the Runoffs and has multiple ProFE and USF2000/National podiums.

jim
    Thanks Jim,
    I did get your PM. Hopefully once the holidays clear, we can talk on the phone.

Regards,
    Bob

Thread Information