Liked: 2

Default Conversion chassis for tall drivers?

If somebody was thinking about an F1000 conversion project, which chassis would be a good choice for a tall driver? Let's assume the driver is 6ft 2in tall, weighs 215 lbs and currently drives an FM. Whoa... that sounds just like me... what a weird coincidence ;-)

Mike

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

big concern is body length vrs inseam - RF 96 and earlier are definitly out.

I would ask on the FF or FC forum if you would fit in a RF98 or later car.

I have a friend that drives a swift ff - 6'4" - they stretched the chassis 2 or 3 inches for leg room.

Liked: 112

The FE chassis is a big starting point. Too big for me at 6'3" and 200. I fit in an rf98+ as well but not with a lot too spare. Definitely need to raise the main hoop.

Liked: 4

Default F1000 converting

How about simply converting some money into a Phoenix F1000 car which is able to accommodate the size driver you are talking about, for a LOT less work and time.....simple.

Liked: 896

The VD98 and later have a bolt on rear roll hoop. There are several guys who have done this. Then you can use the very effective and low cost of a Nova-Dieman conversion.

Another alternative will be the new Carbir FB as it will fit the big guys.

Thanks ... Jay Novak

Liked: 0

I'm 6'3" and 210#. I fit, barely, in an FR93. My seat is a modified yoga mat and my shoes are two sizes smaller than my feet.

Liked: 159

Default fit in FB

The new JDR will accomodate very tall drivers. We have had a guy 6'5 and about 235 sitting in the car. He said it seemed fine. Another guy 5'10 and about 225. Lots of foot and knee/leg room too. Even a size 13 shoe will work fine.

Lots of leg room allows tall drivers to stay lower in the car than some others. The airbox on the gsxr engine is about the same height as the top of the drivers head....even the tallest drivers. Small guys need a significant seat!

Whatever you choose, you will have a blast!

Jerry Hodges
    jdrmotorsport.com

Liked: 2

Default Clown shoes

I gots dem big feets :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
    The new JDR will accomodate very tall drivers. We have had a guy 6'5 and about 235 sitting in the car. He said it seemed fine. Another guy 5'10 and about 225. Lots of foot and knee/leg room too. Even a size 13 shoe will work fine.

Whatever you choose, you will have a blast!

Jerry Hodges
    jdrmotorsport.com

Thread Information