Liked: 9

Default Anyone else crazier?

I have done 29 autocross events so far this year. I expect to make it to 35 by the end of the season. Anyone more addicted?
    Mark
    1990 Van Diemen, the Racing Machine, CM AutoX, 2016 Frontier
    You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser

Liked: 10

Quote Originally Posted by mwizard View Post
    I have done 29 autocross events so far this year. I expect to make it to 35 by the end of the season. Anyone more addicted?
    Mark
    Not me but I'm jealous. However, I've towed about 8,000 miles to chase good/great sites and lose to great competition. Plus you have great weather about 11.999 months of the year. Most of us don't and we don't have good sites close like you apparently have.

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Dick R. View Post
    Not me but I'm jealous. However, I've towed about 8,000 miles to chase good/great sites and lose to great competition. Plus you have great weather about 11.999 months of the year. Most of us don't and we don't have good sites close like you apparently have.

Dick
    8k travel is pretty dedicated.
    Yes to weather, so far no rain tires this year. We are blessed out here; 9 groups, putting on events at 7 sites within a 2 hr tow of my house.
    Mark
    Last edited by mwizard; 10.25.12 at 10:29 AM.
    You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser

Liked: 102

Not this year, but in the past I've done 9 events in 10 weeks, and 30 in a year.

Mark, you are getting more seat time than anyone I know down here. I will have completed around 20 events by the end of the year. If I wanted to tow 3 hours I could get in a few more. Getting tired of the same two locations here in south central Texas.
    There was some talk that a lot might be available for autocrossers at the new F! track but I dont think that's going to happen. Hopefully, the amateur clubs will be able to run some HPDE and club racing events on the new track.

Liked: 3

Yes to weather, so far no rain tires this year. We are blessed out here; 9 groups, putting on events at 7 sites within a 2 hr tow of my house.
    Mark
    ...umm...Mark? 7 sites?

Even if you include stuff like Stockton Fairgrounds, the mini lot at Atwater and Santa Rosa airports funky figure 8's, I still can't get to 7...and only two of our sites are really worth running on (Marina and Oakland) and neither is big enough to support a Tour, Pro or true Nationals type course.

But, we certainly can't complain about the weather!

Quote Originally Posted by mwood View Post
    ...umm...Mark? 7 sites?

Even if you include stuff like Stockton Fairgrounds, the mini lot at Atwater and Santa Rosa airports funky figure 8's, I still can't get to 7...and only two of our sites are really worth running on (Marina and Oakland) and neither is big enough to support a Tour, Pro or true Nationals type course.

But, we certainly can't complain about the weather!
    I through in Mather, Alameda and Candlestick, and you are correct on the quality of some local sites. I will be going back to Santa Rosa next year.
    Mark

Liked: 65

I did 45 events one year..... But that was track side service for Appalachian Race Tire

I did the 2005 Daytona 24. I matched the DP cars one tire per their lap for a while... I was up 36 or 38 hours. My brain is kinda foggy on the details after the sun came up Sunday. Estimated 600ish tires for the "day".

I wish I had as much seat time as tire time. Who needs a co-driver?

Our primary local lot to run is sealed asphalt that is like Teflon to R25's

Liked: 3

Thinking back on it, I'll bet I did close to 40 events in 2006, when I was running my Z06 in SS. Biggest reason was there were a good number of weekends where I ran two events, due to my also instructing for both Lotus and BMW clubs...so, I'd instruct/run on Saturday for a club, then run for points Sunday with SCCA. I also had one weekend where I did three events: ran AAS on Saturday, ran AAS Sunday morning (Atwater), drove over to Marina at lunch and ran SCCA Sunday afternoon.

No, I don't have that much interest in autocross, these days

Liked: 0

Default :-(

I think I ran 3 events this year...
    :sigh:
    That's just depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Puertas View Post
    I think I ran 3 events this year...
    :sigh:
    That's just depressing.
    It is. I hope you had something else interesting going on.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mwood View Post
    Thinking back on it, I'll bet I did close to 40 events in 2006, when I was running my Z06 in SS. Biggest reason was there were a good number of weekends where I ran two events, due to my also instructing for both Lotus and BMW clubs...so, I'd instruct/run on Saturday for a club, then run for points Sunday with SCCA. I also had one weekend where I did three events: ran AAS on Saturday, ran AAS Sunday morning (Atwater), drove over to Marina at lunch and ran SCCA Sunday afternoon.

No, I don't have that much interest in autocross, these days
    Wow. The good old days.
    Mark

Liked: 0

It is. I hope you had something else interesting going on.
    Mark
    Just life... work, church & kids.

The saddest part is I live 5 minutes from El Toro, and only ran 1 event there this year!

Thread Information