Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by jimh3063 View Post
    As for coming out and running with US. Who exactly is US?
    So when is the first race? How many cars are currently in North America? How many cars are going to be on the grid? Who has the spares? What spares do they have?

If I were to buy one, I'd procure it myself. I'm under the impression that all these cars are for sale in Europe and you are just a broker. Am I wrong about that. Check out this web site every month http://www.racecarsdirect.com. These things are for sale everywhere in Europe. Is this car looking at all familiar?
    http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...lass_spec.html
    If I were to buy it, I'd buy it off the actual owner. He is only asking 50K Pound Sterling. That's about 80k USD asking price. Again asking price.
    I would shave a few bucks off and do the procurement myself. There are many companies that can make the shipping happen with no troubles.

I wish you the best. If someone buys one of these cars, please keep us updated on how it goes. I for one am curious.
    First part of your questioning: zerooooo.
    second part......Really?? did anyone not think he was a brokester trying to make a buck.......the owner is asking $80k, Canadian race car dude $94k......I'd love to see how these transactions go down!
    third....keep me updated too. email me at: notholdingmybreath@jeezmail.com

Liked: 120

Default Limited room at best

Canada has great tracks but no room for anything beyond F1600/GT/F/libre. True story. Sorry guys. It's a stick and ball country.

KR.

Banned
    Liked: 2

yes correct, that would be the retail cost here if I were to buy the car for $80k, pay the 6.1% import duty, the 5.0% sales tax for an 11.1% total, then $3k - $4k to ship the car ocean transit for $94k total, and that's not even at your "brokester trying to make a buck" that's at making zero!

Liked: 384

Well,good thing is everyone seems to be overexcited about these cars. lol.
    Full season for Formula 3 Pro in Europe is 400'000 EUR.
    Ask me how i know ,kid from Latvia(my home country)won quite a few championships in them and had to bow out on 2008 or 09 season to go race Porsche cup because of finances.Harold Schlegermich ,you can look it up in Wikipedia.
    With that said pro teams buy new chassis with spare gearboxes and engines ,just cause they are pro teams and budgets must be spent.
    It doesn't take any thing from their reliability or miles you could drive on them.
    Also how many club racers will be taking these puppies to their limit as fast as upcoming hungry 16 year olds.
    They are great cars for the buck and most importantly for carbon tub cars.
    Going back to steel frame vs carbon fiber tub ,i would still like to see people racing in tub cars ,not just for safety reasons ,but also for set up ease(carbon doesn't flex under load)and also it is modern way to race,.

Some of you guys spent 30-40 k a year club racing FF1600 (which range from 15 to 40 k to buy)
    Shame on you putting down(from all manufacturers DALLARA art work of racecars)these F3 cars.
    And even if the block is broker for sale ,he's doing one hell of a job supplying apexers with every tiny detail about these cars.

No one is forcing anyone to buy them ,but if you do it's great way to go and hopefully one day F3 will be on North American racetracks as common as Formula fords.

P.S.
    It always takes someone overanxious and little overexcited to bring something new to the table and change some old ways .

Way to go man.
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Formula 3 Championship View Post
    yes correct, that would be the retail cost here if I were to buy the car for $80k, pay the 6.1% import duty, the 5.0% sales tax for an 11.1% total, then $3k - $4k to ship the car ocean transit for $94k total, and that's not even at your "brokester trying to make a buck" that's at making zero!
    I'm sure. My father always told me "no one does anything for nothing...."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    I'm sure. My father always told me "no one does anything for nothing...."
    I guess I should have listened to your dad cause' I've worked on this project for more than a year now and haven't gotten paid 1 penny yet for my efforts!

Liked: 10

Default F3

For the record, what I said is I would purchase the car directly. If he is making money for doing the legwork, he deserves to be paid for his labor. Nothing wrong with that. I'm a big fan of being paid for work.

I hope his series gets off the ground. I think that with the economy the way it is, it's a tough road ahead.

I will say, all the things mentioned, i.e. parts, cars, series, drivers, etc are all being done in a different continent. I try to live in the here and now (here meaning North America). I found out what I had posted by actually owning one. Again, I think it's a great car. I just found myself a little stranded when it came to parts and support. It's not like or a Swift where you can walk down the paddock and find parts. If enough cars come over here, that problem would probably do away. It just was present during the time I owned my car.

If you are seriously thinking of buying a car, the Euro is the lowest it's been in years.
    Buy the car and a good set of spares from one of the BBS mentioned not before it eventually goes back up.

BTW I totally agree with prestonparke statement. To get a true series of the ground, you need a $$ backer.
    Good luck.
    Jimmy Hanrahan
    jimh3063@yahoo.com

Banned

Default Thank you to all those Apexers whom support Formula 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazis31 View Post
    With that said pro teams buy new chassis with spare gearboxes and engines ,just cause they are pro teams and budgets must be spent.

It doesn't take any thing from their reliability or miles you could drive on them. Also how many club racers will be taking these puppies to their limit as fast as upcoming hungry 16 year olds. They are great cars for the buck and most importantly for carbon tub cars.

Some of you guys spent 30-40 k a year club racing FF1600 (which range from 15 to 40 k to buy) Shame on you putting down(from all manufacturers DALLARA art work of racecars)these F3 cars. And even if the block is broker for sale ,he's doing one hell of a job supplying apexers with every tiny detail about these cars.

No one is forcing anyone to buy them ,but if you do it's great way to go and hopefully one day F3 will be on North American racetracks as common as Formula fords. It always takes someone overanxious and little overexcited to bring something new to the table and change some old ways . Way to go man.
    Maris...I don't know whom you are, nor ever met or talked with you before, but you've instantly become my Apex best friend! and I certainly do appreciate your words of support. I also thank everyone else whom has emailed and called me already telling me to keep up with all my work and efforts, and there has been many so far.

I do realize that there will be detractors on here always trying to discredit Formula 3, and honestly I don't blame them because they do see this Formula coming here as a threat to their own Series or whatever they are running.

And really they should considering that Formula 3 cars are much more reliable, affordable, safer, faster, developed, more globally-recognized and infamous, and more technically-advanced than any other comparable formulas currently running here in North America.

Kazis31...thanks again for reading and seeing the truth about Formula 3 here on Apex, and thanks to everyone else whom feels the same way. So far that group is not small and is growing everyday.
    Last edited by Canadian Formula 3 Championship; 10.21.12 at 5:26 PM.

Banned
    Liked: 0

I have raced dallara 95 97 99-01 cars
    all straight forward to run maintain but you need some serious backers to get people to the grid
    ideally you need to buy 12-15 cars create lease purchase deals to have 13 cars running 2 for back up or last minute race deals but you need to run a standard engine in all cars which is what the US F3 was doing
    run control tyre and set number of sets per year tyres per weekend regulated test days to keep cost down
    If Canada has room for a top shelf formula after FFord and Ff2000 then F3 should be it and then any young guns with talent and money can race each other then pop over to UK and look at racing here
    1-2 seasons of canadian F3 will give them some idea on car set up driving etc to make the transition to International F3 easier

I race both FFord and my F3 car through the year and i enjoy driving both but if you had to deprive me of a car i would sulk if you took the F3 away
    so Canadians and americans IF you want a great car for track day club racing then this is it
    They are PROPER race cars

Banned

Default DOT / EPA...

It seems to be the consensus that there is no DOT or EPA interference when shipping a racecar to the United States. Another Apexer has posted this thread as he's looking to import a racecar now to North Carolina http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54818

I'll be importing another Formula 3 car from the UK and another Apexer I know is importing 2 racecars from Italy to Texas all within' the next month. So we'll all have more war stories for this topic soon if any problems do arise, but I don't foresee any issues with importation.

Liked: 384

I'm sure there will be comments...lol

cheers.
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

Liked: 0

The person that imported my F3 did have to deal with the DOT. As I recall he had to sign that it would be used for off road use only. It was a bit of a headache, but not an insurmountable problem.
    Topper
    Dallara F394 F3
    Swift SE-3 FC sold

Liked: 9

The agents I am using have sent me the EPA form.

As long as the car can't ever be turned into a road car then everyone says it should be okay. The EPA requires 10 days to process the permit.

Last time when the previous car was brought in it evidently worked okay.
    Dean
    Wolf GB08
    Austin
    www.motorsports-sw.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information