Liked: 391

Default 2012 Donohue and Presidents Cup

It's been 2 weeks since the runoffs and there still hasn't been an announcement on the winners of the Mark Donohue and Presidents Cup awards. Why not? Anyone know who recieved these honors this year?

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 910

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Sport Engineering View Post
    It's been 2 weeks since the runoffs and there still hasn't been an announcement on the winners of the Mark Donohue and Presidents Cup awards. Why not? Anyone know who recieved these honors this year?

The RRDC (Donohue) and SCCA (Presidents) make their announcements a little later in the year.

I am not sure about the RRDC timing, but the SCCA announcement is linked to the Convention. (The winner gets notified in advance so he/she can attend the presentation at the Convention.)
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

IIRC in the past both were awarded at the Runoffs.

But my first hand experience is from somewhat distant past.

Liked: 0

I think presenting the awards at the Runoffs went away when they stopped having the big banquet on Sunday evening. That would have been about the time they moved from Atlanta to Mid Ohio as I recall.

Thread Information