Liked: 4

Default 89 reynard upper a arm problem

started in on the front brakes and found the left side upper A arm has about an 1/8" of movement where it pivots at the bulk head on the back side of the oivot point. I suspect that there is a bearing or a bushing that the a arm rocks on and it is wore out.
    Any one have any experience and words of wisdom? I do not have it off yet, but if it needs to be repaired proffesionally...........any suggestions who to send it to?
    Thanks m drouin
    cortinalodi@hotmail.com

Liked: 210

Yes,

CALL KEITH AVERILL!!! Averill Racing Stuff. He will know if you can repair at home and what you need to do the job. Or, he can repair it if you ship it to him. Or he can provide you with a brand new unit.

Averill Racing Stuff:
    (248) 585-9139

It's been almost 2 years since I had that apart on a Reynard so I cannot recall the exact configuration.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 0

Call ... KEITH AVERILL I second this nobody knows more about these cars then kea

Liked: 3787

What you probably need is the bearing (red arrow, picture 2a.) in the picture.
    But, inspect the through bolt.
    And, inspect the threads in the side of the rocker. (picture 3b.)
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 10.16.12 at 11:22 AM.

BTW:

I didn't realize Adrian Reynard "COPIED" that front rocker/suspension design off Dan Gurney's Eagle Weslake!
    Last edited by rickb99; 11.21.14 at 3:35 PM.

Liked: 0

Hi you may enjoy this video of photos that I made having been involved in the marque since the first production model and still have an F88 and an F89 with updated 1992 suspension and sidepods

Reynard FF 1600´s Adrian´s prototype and F75 / F88 & F89

http://youtu.be/hwrzaiYAvP4

NICE shots of European racing Reynards!! That was fun to watch.. thanks for posting

Liked: 4

Default a arm problem

the rear bolt at the pivot is working loose. It is drilled for safety wire, but I dont see where to attach wire to prevent movement?
    Any suggestions?

Also anyone know what a reynard weights?

Thanks

Liked: 19

Rocker bolt are just one of the things that should to be checked between sessions. I found that they would loosen up the first few sessions after a rebuild but would eventually stabilize. I still checked them at least once every day at the track.

Liked: 3787

I have never had a problem with that bolt working loose. I suspect something is wrong with that bearing. In normal operation, with the bolt tight, the ball moves exactly with the rocker arm as one solid unit. If the ball is sticking, it may be causing the bolt to work loose.

Take it apart. Try turning the ball with your fingers. If it is sticking somewhere that is the problem. They wear in the same place over and over, because they only rotate back and forth about 10 degrees. An old timer told me one time he rotates the ball 180 degress and puts it back together to change the index of the wear pattern. Not that i am suggesting that.

Sometimes you can spin the ball with a drill while spraying in penetrating oil and clean up the sludge.

Liked: 610

Default 89 Reynard

I've seen some that had that problem and other who did not.
    Don't have an answer why.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Thread Information